Looking for some Halloween recipes for kids? Halloween is the ideal time to grab the mixer and the flour & get your kids baking. And here is the perfect recipe for a little Halloween Bake – Easy Malteser Spider Halloween Cookies for Kids by Irish Baking Adventures. These cook in 15 mins, and even young kids can help with the decoration because tiny hands are perfect for this!
You can also sign up for our free monthly newsletters. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube & Pinterest.
- 230g Self raising flour
- 115g Butter
- 1 egg
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Half tsp vanilla extract or zest of 1 lemon
- 115g Caster sugar
- 1 pkt Maltesers
- 1 pkt chocolate chips
- White fondant for eyes
- Preheat oven to 180 Celsius.
- Sift flour into bowl, add butter and mix until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add sugar.
- Add beaten egg and 1tbsp milk, & vanilla to make a dough.(You may not need all the milk just enough to make a stiff dough – add 1tsp more flour if dough too wet).
- Roll Dough & break into small balls.
- Place balls on baking tray, spaced apart and press your thumbprint into middle.
- Bake for 15 mins at 180 Celsius.
- When cookies are cold, melt chocolate chips and place in icing bag.
- Put Maltesers in middle of cooled cookie (I used a bit of melted chocolate to stick the Maltesers in).
- Use melted chocolate to pipe legs around each cookie & roll tiny bits of white fondant for eyes. I used a food pen for the pupils but you could use a tiny bit of a raisin and press it in to the fondant. This is where tiny helping hand comes in !!!
Mum of 4, Karyn Ryan, is passionate about baking and especially about getting kids into the kitchen. She likes simple and tasty bakes that everyone can try, even the non-bakers. Winner of many baking competitions (Easy Food Magazine & Home Cook Hero Competition) and contestant on RTE “Taste of Success”, her son Andrew is also a winning young cook! You can follow Karyn on her Irish Baking Adventures Blog, Facebook and Twitter.
You may also like these 11 Easy Halloween Cookies for Kids, Hauntingly Good Halloween Party Food Ideas for Kids & How to Make Halloween Cake Pops
Over to you! Have you tried these or do you have any other easy Halloween recipes for Kids you’d like to share?