Homemade pancakes are super tasty, loved by all the family and really quite simple to make. Here’s an easy pancake recipe that would be lovely served with bacon and maple syrup.
Delicious served with crispy bacon and maple syrup
Makes 8-10 pancakes
- 150g self-raising flour
- 1 tblsp caster sugar
- 1 egg, beaten with a fork lightly
- 150ml milk
- Butter for frying
- Sieve the flour into a bowl and combine with the sugar.
- Add the milk to the whisked egg.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and add in the milk and egg mixture, using a whisk gradually combine the liquid with the flour working from the inside out.
- Your batter will be quite thick return the batter to your measuring jug so that its easy to pour the mixture onto the pan. Or you could just put all your ingredients into a blender and whizz, this is my preferred method.
- Heat your frying pan and add some butter, keep the heat medium, pour small amounts from the jug onto the pan when you see bubbles forming on the top of each pancake its safe to turn them.
- Give the pancakes another minute or two and serve with some crispy bacon and maple syrup.
You might also like this pancake recipe, these Lazy Porridge Pancakes & these 10 Quick & Healthy Breakfast Ideas that Aren’t Porridge.
You have a favourite pancake recipe – let us know in the comments below.