Homemade pancakes are super tasty, loved by all the family and really quite simple to make. Here’s an easy pancake recipe that is a great one to have up your sleeve for when the need for pancakes arises….there is such a thing, we promise!
Don’t miss the chance to have your say! We’re looking for parents to get involved and give their feedback on all aspects of family life. Find out more here.
These pancakes are what we would consider American-style. They are fluffy and thick, and the ideal pancake for maple syrup and bacon, berries, chocolate chips or whatever toppings you prefer.
Try this easy pancake recipe to make smaller pancakes too – they make a great addition to lunchboxes, or can work as an after school snack too.
You May Also Enjoy 8 Delicious Savoury Pancake Recipes You’ll Want for Dinner Tonight
Quick and Easy Pancake Recipe
Delicious served with crispy bacon and maple syrup. Makes 8-10 pancakes
- 150g self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 egg, beaten with a fork lightly
- 150ml milk
- Butter, for frying
- Sieve the flour into a bowl and combine with the sugar.
- Add the milk to the whisked egg.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and add in the milk and egg mixture, using a whisk gradually combine the liquid with the flour working from the inside out.
- Your batter will be quite thick return the batter to your measuring jug so that its easy to pour the mixture onto the pan. Or you could just put all your ingredients into a blender and whizz, this is my preferred method.
- Heat your frying pan and add some butter, keep the heat medium, pour small amounts from the jug onto the pan when you see bubbles forming on the top of each pancake its safe to turn them.
- Give the pancakes another minute or two and serve with some crispy bacon and maple syrup.
You May Also Enjoy Magical Unicorn Pancakes – The Recipe You Never Knew You Needed!