Looking for something nice to make with strawberries? Try our easy strawberry shortcake recipe – crispy biscuits with pillowy cream and sweet, seasonal strawberries. Sometimes the simplest things really are the best!
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free? Please share this with your family & friends if you liked it!
Berries are such a family favourite that having a simple dessert (or afternoon treat…!) that’s quick to prepare is a great idea. Making the shortcake biscuits is something kids can get involved with, and after that it’s simply an assembly job.
You May Also Enjoy This Summer Berry Roulade Is Deliciously Easy
Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
- 170g flour
- 110g butter
- 55g caster sugar
- 225g strawberries
- 250ml cream
- 30g icing sugar
- Whole strawberries and fresh mint leaves to garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C (fan oven)
- Rub the butter into the flour and caster sugar, bring it together into a dough and knead lightly. You can rest it in the fridge if you have time.
- Roll the dough out and cut into 3-inch rounds, place on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Whip the cream, then sieve in the icing sugar and carefully fold in with a spatula. Halve the strawberries and toss them in a little caster sugar.
- Spoon some cream onto half of the shortcake biscuits along with some strawberries, top with remaining biscuits.
- Garnish with sliced strawberries, fresh mint leaves and extra cream.
You May Also Enjoy A Delightfully Easy-to-Make Homemade Swiss Roll Recipe