Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free? Please share this with your family & friends if you liked it!
- 6oz/170g flour
- 4oz/110g butter
- 2oz/55g caster sugar
- ½ lb/225g strawberries
- 8fl oz/250ml cream
- 1oz icing sugar
- Garnish: 6 – 8 whole strawberries and fresh mint leaves
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C (Fan oven)
- Rub the butter into the flour and caster sugar, bring it together into a dough and knead lightly. You can rest it in the fridge if you have time.
- Roll the dough out and cut into 3 inch rounds, place on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Whip the cream, then sieve the icing sugar into the bowl and carefully fold in with a spatula. Halve the strawberries and toss them in a little caster sugar.
- Spoon some cream onto half of the shortcake biscuits along with some strawberries, top with remaining biscuits.
- Decorate with some piped rosettes, a whole strawberry and a sprig of mint.
Recipe first published on Mykidstime Food April 2010, provided by Judy Kavanagh, mum of 2.
If you have tried this strawberry shortcake recipe let us know what you thought of it in the comments below.