This recipe for Grilled Chicken with Gremolata was adapted from Giada’s Family Dinners by Giada De Laurentiis. In the (likely) event that rain ruins your BBQ plans and you can’t use the grill, just cook the chicken in your oven or on a ridged grill pan on the hob instead.Serves 4
- a handful of finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 900 g skin-on, cut-up chicken (breasts, thighs and/or legs)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a small bowl, combine the parsley, extra virgin olive oil, lemon zest, oregano, thyme and garlic. Set this gremolata aside.
Preheat a charcoal or gas grill for medium heat. Rub the olive oil over both sides of the chicken and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Grill the chicken over a medium heat until it’s just cooked through (10 to 15 minutes for breasts, 15 to 20 minutes for legs/thighs).
Transfer the chicken to a platter. Immediately spoon the gremolata over the chicken and serve.
This recipe and more can be found on www.dinnerdujour.org
Have you tried this recipe? Let us know in the comments below.