These healthy carrot muffins, are packed full of carrots and sultanas and make a great healthy lunchbox option.
The texture of these carrot muffins is more of a dense pudding than that of a springy doughy muffin that you would typically buy in the shops. My picky 5 year old loves them!
- 1 large carrot, peeled and coarsely grated
- 3 tablespoons sultanas
- 5 tablespoons coarse wholemeal flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- Preheat a (fan) oven to 160 degrees Celsius and line a muffin tin with 6 muffin cases.
- Place all your ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Stir well until the carrots are well coated with all the ingredients. Divide the mixture between the muffin cases.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes then remove from the oven and allow to cool before eating.
This recipe, and more, is available on Wholesome Ireland.
If you have tried this recipe let us know what you thought of it in the comments below