These healthy carrot muffins are packed full of carrots and sultanas and make a great healthy lunchbox option. The mix of spices often found in carrot cake gives the muffins a delicious flavour and you’ll find they disappear in no time!
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free?
The texture of these carrot muffins is more of a dense pudding than that of a springy doughy muffin that you would typically buy in the shops. My picky 5 year old loves them!
You May Also Enjoy These Breakfast Berry Muffins Are Sure to Be a Hit!
Delicious Carrot Muffins
Makes 6 muffins
- 1 large carrot, peeled and coarsely grated
- 3 tablespoons sultanas
- 5 tablespoons coarse wholemeal flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- Preheat a (fan) oven to 160 degrees Celsius and line a muffin tin with 6 muffin cases.
- Place all your ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Stir well until the carrots are well coated with all the ingredients. Divide the mixture between the muffin cases.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes then remove from the oven and allow to cool before eating.
This recipe, and more, is available on Wholesome Ireland.
You May Also Enjoy 11 Yummy Ideas For Healthy (And Easy) After School Snacks
Have you tried these healthy carrot muffins? Leave a comment below and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!