This recipe for hot mulled cider recipe is adapted from Rachel’s Favourite Food for Friends by Rachel Allen and is a non-alcoholic drink that the whole family can enjoy at Christmas time.
Serves 6 to 8
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters
- 750 ml good-quality apple juice
- 100 g muscovado sugar
- 1/2 orange, cut into quarters
- 1 cinnamon stick
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- Stick one clove into each lemon quarter, then put everything into a saucepan and heat gently, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Keep on a very low heat without boiling for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, then remove the orange and lemon chunks before pouring the mulled cider into mugs.
Related : Lots more seasonal ideas in 15 Easy Christmas Recipes
Have you made Hot Cider before? Why not share your recipe in the comments below?