We had a go at making Halloween Cake Pops and there’s definitely some tricks to getting your treats just right! Here’s How to Make Halloween Cake Pops:
- 1 packet cake mix
- 1 tub of ready-to-spread frosting
- White chocolate at least 400g
- Gel food colouring in different colours
- Sticks for your cake pops
- Edible googly eyes
- Writing icing e.g. black
2. Crumble the cake into crumbs in a bowl using 2 forks then add 3/4 of the tub of ready mixed frosting. Mix together until you can’t see the frosting any more.
3. Form walnut sized balls and place on a tray in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
TRICK: You may need to wash your hands as you go if the mix is sticky.
4. Melt chocolate (or you could use candy melts) either in microwave or on a double boiler (bowl on top of pan with boiling water). We divided the chocolate into 4 so we could do different colours and added food colouring. We made purple from blue & red, orange from red & yellow.
TRICK: Gel food colouring is better than normal liquid food colouring if using chocolate.
5. Put a stick into each ball and dip into the chosen chocolate covering, use a teaspoon to help coat the cake pop.
TRICK: We used a cake pop stand to put them on while we finished decorating.
6. Add googly eyes if using while the coating is still soft.
TRICK: freeze the cake balls for e.g. half an hour to help set the covering before finishing the decoration.
7. Add any other decorations such as black eyes or mouths with the writing icing.
Over to you now! Did you try out our Halloween Cake Pops? How did you get on? Tell us in the comments below.