Trust me when I say – your kids will think you are the COOLEST ever for making this! Plus, bonus points for the fact that it’s an incredibly easy no-churn recipe that doesn’t require an ice cream maker. Read on to find out how to make unicorn ice cream, a delicious multi-coloured dessert packed with sprinkles and sparkle!
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
My unicorn-mad daughter spied a recipe for unicorn ice cream recently and has not stopped talking about it since! In a moment of weakness, I said we would plan an ice cream party over the summer with some fun ice cream flavours, lots of toppings and invite over a few friends – needless to say, we had to pick a date and time immediately, people were invited and there was no backing out!
Unicorn ice cream will have top billing on the day, so I’ve been practicing (all in the name of research…) to get it just right. While a little sparkle and plenty of swirling colours are the main priorities, I also want it to taste good!
We have finally tweaked and tasted enough to determine this unicorn ice cream recipe is our go-to from now on. It’s incredibly easy, with no ice cream maker required, so why not whip up a batch?
If you are planning on throwing a unicorn-themed birthday party (don’t miss our unicorn party food ideas!), this unicorn ice cream would make a great dessert choice too.
You May Also Enjoy 17 Amazingly Easy Unicorn Cake Ideas You Can Make at Home
How to Make Unicorn Ice Cream
- 397g tin of condensed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 600mls double or whipping cream
- 3-5 gel colours (2-3 drops of each)
- Mini marshmallows
- White chocolate chips or chunks
- Edible glitter (optional)
- Sprinkles in a mix of colours and shapes
You May Also Enjoy Magical Unicorn Pancakes – The Recipe You Never Knew You Needed!
- First, get your equipment ready. Line loaf tins with clingfilm, or use other freezable containers to store your ice cream.
- Pour the condensed milk and vanilla into a large bowl.
- Whip the cream to soft peaks, then fold into the condensed milk until all combined, taking care not to knock all the air out of the cream.
- Divide the mixture evenly into several smaller bowls (one for each colour you are using).
- Add 2-3 drops of your first colour into the first bowl, then repeat with each colour (one colour per bowl).
- Alternate scoops of each colour into the tin/container, and scatter in a few marshmallows, sprinkles, glitter and choc chips between the layers.
- Use a knife or skewer to swirl the colours together gently (you don’t want the colours to get too ‘muddy’).
- Top the finished container with more sprinkles and treats, then cover and freeze overnight before serving.
That’s it – it’s so simple!
You May Also Enjoy 40 Fun Ice Cream Cake Ideas You Need to Try
Would your kids love this unicorn ice cream? Leave a comment below and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!