We lived in USA for a number of years and when we came back to Ireland we brought some celebrations with us. For 4th July I always make this America Flag Cheesecake:
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
This cheesecake is really easy to make up, and once the cheesecake has set, the kids love decorating it with the berries.
- 200g of cream cheese
- 135g packet of jelly (we like lemon flavour)
- Some water
- 200ml of cream
- Juice of half a lemon (optional)
- 125g of digestive biscuits
- 75g of butter melted
- Strawberries & blueberries
- Finely crush the biscuits, mix with the melted butter. Press in to the bottom of a greased loose bottomed 9inch tin. Put the base in the fridge.
- Put the jelly (we use lemon jelly) in a microwavable bowl, just cover with water, squeeze in some lemon juice if you have it. Microwave the jelly until melted (about 90 sec). Leave to cool slightly.
- Blend the cream cheese until smooth, blend the jelly in to the cream cheese, adding a little at a time, until completely added.
- In a separate bowl whip the cream. Fold the cream in to the cream cheese/jelly mixture.
- Pour the mixture carefully on to the biscuit base, leave for at least a couple of hours or overnight.
Arrange the blueberries in the top left corner of the cheesecake, and arrange the chopped up strawberries in lines across the cake.
Happy 4th of July!!
Have your say! Do you have a favourite July 4th recipe? Have you tried an America flag cheesecake before? Tell us in the comments below