Need some new ways to present fruit to your child? Try these fun 5 kid friendly fruit snack ideas to help get your five a day portions into them:
#1. Sledding Penguins Frozen Banana Snack
These sledding penguins are made from bananas dipped in melted chocolate or chocolate chips.
Stick on some edible eyes and use some M&M’s cut in half for beak and feet and freeze for at least 30 minutes.
You may also like 7 Fruity Valentines Treats Kids will Love
#2. Kiwi Grape Turtles
- Peel and cut your kiwi into large slices for the turtle body
- Make some small tails out of kiwi
- Keep aside some kiwi seeds for eyes
- Cut some grapes in half for feet
- Stick kiwi seed eyes on whole grapes for your turtle’s head.
- Create your turtle!
#3. Sesame Street Fruit Fun
- Elmo is made from cherry tomatoes, baby carrots and raisins/blueberries/olives
- Big Bird from pineapple/banana
- Oscar uses brocolli, baby carrots, raisins/blueberries/olives, apple and strips of celery
- Grover is made from blueberries and blackberries
You may also like – Healthy Snack Ideas So Good the Kids Will Want More!
#4. Ernie & Bert Fruit Snack
- 1 clementine,
- 1 banana,
- 2 mini marshmallows, and
- 1 red fruit roll up.
#5. Fruity Flowers
You will need
- red grapes
- Flower cookie cutter
You might also like: 10 simple smoothie recipes for kids
Did you try any of these? Tell us how you got on in the comments below.