Have you got leftovers you don’t want to waste? This ham and pea pasta is my go-to recipe when I have extra ham from the Sunday lunch. It’s a real crowd-pleaser with my kids as they adore pasta and it’s a hearty meal that will leave them satisfied.
Don’t miss the chance to have your say! We’re looking for parents to get involved and give their feedback on all aspects of family life. Find out more here.
This recipe is also perfect when you’ve had a busy day and you need a dinner that will only take 30 minutes from start to finish.
You May Also Enjoy 21 Proven Tips and Tricks to Cut Your Food Bill in Half
Leftover Ham? Try this Hearty Ham and Pea Pasta Recipe
- 200g of fusilli pasta
- 100g of frozen petit pois
- 150ml of cream
- 150g of ham
- 4 slices of sandwich bread
- 1 garlic clove
- Olive oil
- 50g of parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the pack.
- Five minutes into boiling add in the peas.
- When the pasta is cooked drain out the water.
- Put the pot back on the heat and add in the cream and chopped ham and warm through.
- To make the breadcrumbs blend the 4 slices of sandwich bread to make fresh bread crumbs.
- Then heat a little olive oil on a pan and add in the breadcrumbs, crushed garlic clove and grated parmesan.
- Cook for five minutes until the breadcrumbs are crisp.
To serve, place the pasta into a bowl and top with the delicious garlic breadcrumbs.
You May Also Enjoy 25 Leftover Turkey Recipes To Create More Great Family Meals
Have your say! Are you going to use your leftovers for this recipe? Leave a comment below and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!