Need some new lunchbox ideas for your child to take to school? How about this Fruity Rice Salad recipe from Tesco. Kids will have fun mixing together this salad and bonus, you can make the salad and chill it up to two days in advance.
Sign up for our free monthly newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free?
- 250g cooked wholegrain basmati rice, cooled
- 30g raisins and sultanas
- 40g low-fat cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 apple, cored and cut into small cubes (tossed in a little lemon juice)
- 75g frozen peas
- 35g sliced ham, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and a squeeze of juice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp runny honey
In a bowl, mix together the cooked rice, raisins and sultanas, cheese cubes, chopped apple, peas and goodness sliced ham.
In a small bowl, whisk together a squeeze of lemon juice, olive oil, Dijon mustard and honey and season.
Pour over the rice salad, then it’s time for another stir before covering and chilling until ready to serve.
You might also enjoy
- 5 Super Quick Super Healthy Lunchbox ideas for Kids
- Creative Lunchbox Ideas for Back to School
- 100 Healthy Lunchbox Ideas Your Kids Will Love
Over to you now. Have you tried this fruity rice salad recipe? Tell us what your child thought of it in the comments below, we’d love to hear from you!