This recipe is for those days you’d love a chewy, dense, crunchy chocolate chunk cookie but don’t have the time to make individual cookies. Try Erin’s Outrageously Delicious Chocolate Chunk Cookie Recipe for yourself!
It whips up in a breeze, and makes the most the most chocolatey delicious cookie bars. The kids love stirring the chocolate chunks in – – and of course licking the spoon!
Makes about 16 bars (depending on big or small you cut them).
- 1/2 Cup butter, softened
- 1 Cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 and 3/4 Cups plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 Cups chopped chocolate bar
1) Preheat oven to 170. Line a pan approx 11”x7” with baking paper.
2) In either a large bowl with a hand mixer, or a stand mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, and beat together. Mix flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, and salt together in a separate bowl. Add to butter mixture and mix until combined. Stir in chocolate chunks.
3) Spread dough in lined baking pan. Bake for approx 25 min or until top is set and golden brown.
4) Let cool completely and cut into bars.
5) For a real treat, serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
(Here is a converter table if you are not used to cups as measurement)
You might also enjoy Emma’s Chocolate Chip Cookies and Chocolate Bar Blondies Recipe
Have you tried this cookie recipe? What did you think? Tell us in the comments below.
Did you like this recipe? Sign up for our free monthly newsletters. Follow us on facebook and Twitter, Instagram & Pinterest