Put down the plain pasta and bring the flavour with this yummy bacon and tomato recipe. The rich saltiness of the bacon combined with the sweetness of the tomato is a match made in culinary heaven.
Don’t miss the chance to have your say! We’re looking for parents to get involved and give their feedback on all aspects of family life. Find out more here.
Loosely based on the Italian Amatriciana pasta recipe, this is one I make all the time for my kids. There’s hardly any preparation involved, which makes it a great recipe to rely on for a midweek dinner when you’re short on time.
You May Also Enjoy 10 Super Tasty And Easy Store Cupboard Recipes
Perk up your Pasta with this Yummy Bacon and Tomato Recipe
- 250g bacon bits
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- Basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 1 packet of pasta, e.g. shells or penne
- Parmesan, grated
- Gently fry the bacon bits until they are starting to brown.
- Add the tin of tomatoes and a few basil leaves, bring to the boil then simmer for 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, start the pasta water.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions.
- Drain the pasta and add to your bacon and tomato sauce.
- Serve with grated parmesan and a green salad.
You May Also Enjoy These Yummy Bacon and Sweetcorn Muffins are a Savoury Treat
Have your say! Are you going to try this yummy bacon and tomato recipe? Leave a comment below and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!