This recipe came from a free Superfood Cookbook insert in a Good Housekeeping Magazine and it has become a staple recipe in my easy family dinner recipe repertoire. Here’s how I make Posh Beans on Toast:
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free?
Post Beans on Toast
This recipe takes about 10 minutes to cook and serves 4.
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 2 shallots sliced thinly
- 1/4 red chilli, finely chopped (you can add more if you like it spicier)
- 400g tin of mixed beans, drained
- 400g tin of cannellini beans, drained
- 150g (5oz) cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tblsp sweet chilli sauce
- 125ml (4 fl oz) hot vegetable stock
- Leaves stripped from a few stalks of thyme
- 50g (2 oz) goats cheese
- Crusty bread slices
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the shallots and chilli for a minute.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, chilli sauce, stock and most of the thyme.
- Season and cook on a medium heat for a few minutes until the tomatoes start to cook down and the stock reduces.
- Toast the bread.
- Spoon the bean mixture onto the toast, crumble over the goats cheese and remaining thyme leaves.
If you add a 3rd tin of beans to the mixture you will have some leftovers for lunch next day.
Over to you now. Have you tried this posh beans on toast recipe? How did you get on? Tell us in the comments below.