This recipe came from a free Superfood Cookbook insert in a Good Housekeeping Magazine and it has become a staple recipe in my easy family dinner recipe repertoire.
Here’s how I make Posh Beans on Toast, it’s such a quick and simple and very delicious family dinner.
Posh Beans on Toast Recipe
Sometimes I make a double batch and freeze for later, or for a lunch later in the week as it keeps nicely in the fridge and reheats quickly.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots sliced thinly
- 1/4 red chilli, finely chopped (you can add more if you like it spicier)
- 400g tin of mixed beans, drained
- 400g tin of cannellini beans, drained
- 150g (5oz) cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 125ml (4 fl oz) hot vegetable stock
- Leaves stripped from a few stalks of thyme
- 50g (2 oz) goats cheese
- Crusty bread slices
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the shallots and chilli for a minute.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, chilli sauce, stock and most of the thyme.
- Season and cook on a medium heat for a few minutes until the tomatoes start to cook down and the stock reduces.
- Toast the bread.
- Spoon the bean mixture onto the toast, crumble over the goats cheese and remaining thyme leaves.
If you add a 3rd tin of beans to the mixture you will have some leftovers for lunch next day.