A special dessert for that Halloween Party! You may have tried cheesecake but have you ever tried pumpkin in a crust with almonds, carrots, orange rind? Mmmm…. Try this delicious Orange Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe:
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free?
Orange Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
Makes 8 servings
- ¾ cup of flaked almonds
- ¾ cup grated carrot
- 5 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups of sugar
- 3 cups of grated pumpkin
- 6 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger root
- 8oz cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
(one cup = 8 ozs)
- Preheat your oven to 350F (180C). Grease a 9 inch springform pan.
- Set aside a teaspoon or two of almonds or carrot for the top of the cheesecake. Beat 3 of the eggs with ¾ cup of sugar. Fold in the pumpkin, carrot, flour, orange zest, ginger root and almonds. With a fork, spread this mixture in the prepared pan. Bake on a baking sheet for 40 minutes. The centre will have a custard like consistency.
- In a food processor or mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the remaining ½ cup of sugar, the remaining 2 eggs, the sour cream and the salt.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the baked shell. Sprinkle the reserved almond or carrots or both on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until firm. Chill and serve with a dollop of fresh cream and sliced orange.
Did you try this recipe? Tell us about it in the comments below.