A special dessert for that Halloween Party! You may have tried cheesecake but have you ever tried pumpkin in a crust with almonds, carrots, orange rind? Mmmm…. Try this delicious Orange Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe:
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
If you’ve been carving pumpkins for Halloween and are looking for some recipe inspo to use up the scooped out pumpkin flesh then look no further. This delicious cheesecake recipe is simply yum!
You May Also Enjoy Boo! You’ll Love These Frightfully Cute Halloween Cupcake Ideas
Orange Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
Makes 8 servings
- ¾ cup of flaked almonds
- ¾ cup grated carrot
- 5 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups of sugar
- 3 cups of grated pumpkin
- 6 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger root
- 8oz cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
(one cup = 8 ozs)
- Preheat your oven to 350F (180C). Grease a 9 inch springform pan.
- Set aside a teaspoon or two of almonds or carrot for the top of the cheesecake. Beat 3 of the eggs with ¾ cup of sugar. Fold in the pumpkin, carrot, flour, orange zest, ginger root and almonds. With a fork, spread this mixture in the prepared pan. Bake on a baking sheet for 40 minutes. The centre will have a custard like consistency.
- In a food processor or mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the remaining ½ cup of sugar, the remaining 2 eggs, the sour cream and the salt.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the baked shell. Sprinkle the reserved almond or carrots or both on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until firm. Chill and serve with a dollop of fresh cream and sliced orange.
Have your say! Did you try this pumpkin cheesecake recipe? Tell us in the comments below.