Summer time and the cooking is easy (or at least it should be!). This recipe for chicken drumsticks with lime and ginger is delicious and really quick to throw together.
You can either have them hot as part of a BBQ dinner or cold to take on a picnic.
Chicken Drumsticks with Lime & Ginger
My kids love chicken and they especially love chicken drumsticks, so this recipe for chicken with lime and ginger has become one of our family favourites. Make up your marinade the day before so you can keep turning the drumsticks in the marinade to get them really tender and ready to cook.
- 10-12 chicken legs
- Juice of 5 limes
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Put all the ingredients except the chicken into a bowl and mix well.
- Then put the meat and marinade in a Ziploc bag or bowl and every few hours turn it and massage the marinade into the meat.
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC / 350ºF / Gas Mark 4.
- Spread out the chicken legs and marinade on a roasting tin, cover with tinfoil and roast for 20 minutes, remove tin foil and continue roasting for a further 20 minutes.
- If grilling, turn frequently and make sure that the juices run clear and there’s no pink meat before serving.
- Cool then put into the fridge if planning to use for picnics the next day.
Recipe provided by Judy Kavanagh, mum of 2