Homemade lemonade is lovely and so easy to make. I always make stock syrup at this time of year and keep it in the fridge, whenever we have friends over or we’re going on a picnic I make a big jug of lemonade with sparkling water, perfect for lazy summer days.
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
Get the kids involved in making the lemonade, they will love squeezing all the fruit juice and mixing and stirring!
You May Also Enjoy These Twice-Baked Lemon Bars Are Very More-ish!
Ingredients for the simple syrup
These amounts make 28 fl oz of stock syrup.
- 450g/1lb sugar
- 550ml/1 pint water
- 3 lemons
- 1 orange
- 125ml / 4 fl oz syrup
- 1½ litre / 6 cups sparkling water
- Mint leaves (optional)
- Dissolve the sugar in water and boil together for 2 minutes, store in a covered jar in the fridge until required. It will keep for a couple of months.
- Squeeze the juice from the fruit.
- Mix the fruit juice with the syrup and water to taste.
- Serve with lots of ice and garnish with fresh mint.
Recipe provided by Judy Kavanagh, mum of 2.
You May Also Enjoy Lavender Cocktail Lemon Gin Recipe
Have your say! Do you make homemade lemonade? Tell us in the comments below.