Supporting our immune system is a hot topic just now. Just like adults, kids and teens need a wide range of nutrients to help them to feel their best. During the winter months it was possible to add vegetables to soups and stews to help support our immune system. But as we move into warmer days, smoothies are the perfect way to get us eating more fruit and vegetables.
We have teamed up with award winning Irish super supplement company Revive Active to bring you 6 sensational immune supporting smoothie recipes that will encourage even the most reluctant child or teen to enjoy getting their daily quota of fruit and vegetables. Be sure to make extra, as we are confident you will want to have them too!
Support Immunity with These Smoothie Recipes
The 6 immune supporting smoothie recipes below are not only tasty, but support our bodies in many different ways. However, adding a sachet of Junior Revive or Teen Revive Active, containing 18 vitamins and minerals, prebiotics, probiotics and Wellmune®, to support your child’s active and healthy lifestyle.
#1. Avocado Berry Crush
Avocado is used to give this smoothie a rich, creamy texture. They contain up to 20 vitamins and minerals and can help improve digestion and boost mental health. Adding in the berries, further boosts wellbeing and gives this smoothie an amazing taste.
- ½ to 1 small ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup/190g fresh or frozen berries of your choice. Choose from a combination of blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries or cherries
- ¾ cup water
- Peel avocado and remove stone
- Add avocado slices and berries to a blender along with the water and mix until smooth
- Serve and enjoy
Tip: Add some ice if not using frozen berries. And remember you can add a sachet of Junior Revive or Teen Revive Active to support your child’s immune system.
#2. Junior Revive or Teen Revive Breakfast Smoothie Recipe
Check out the full recipe for this tasty breakfast smoothie here.
1 small ripe banana
¾ cup/140g berries – Choose from blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries or a combination
¾ cup apple juice or water
1 stick sachet of Junior Revive or Teen Revive
1. Slice the banana, and put into your blender or food processor.
2. Add the berries of your choice and whizz until smooth.
3. Add Junior Revive or Teen Revive powder.
4. Pour in juice or water to make the consistency you like.
5. When complete, place a few extra fruits on top, drizzle with honey and serve.
Tip: Add natural yogurt to make an extra creamy smoothie.
#3. Pear and Oat Smoothie
This pear and oat milk smoothie is the perfect nutrient boosting way to start the day. Pears are packed full of vitamin C, copper and potassium and the oat milk is a good source of B vitamins.
- 2 ripe pears, cored and sliced (leave skins on)
- 1 cup / 240ml oat milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- Handful chia seeds
Blend all the ingredients together until smooth. And enjoy
Tip: You can replace the oat milk with almond, cashew or another milk of your choice.
#4. Kiwi, Apple, Pineapple & Banana Smoothie
Packed full of delicious fruit with a handful of spinach, this smoothie is rich in vitamin C and is perfect any time of the day.
- 1 ripe banana, peeled
- 1 green or red apple, cored and sliced (leave skin on)
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup pineapple cubes
- Handful spinach
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 cup water
- Chop the fruits and add to a blender.
- Blend until mixed and add in yoghurt and water
- Blend to combine and add spinach
- Blend until spinach has combined fully with other ingredients
Tip: You can use frozen or tinned pineapple chunks if fresh is not available.
#5. Sunshine Smoothie
The addition of turmeric in this smoothie gives it a vibrant yellow colour and turmeric is thought to have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Half a mango, peeled and chopped
- Small banana, peeled and chopped
- 1 orange, peeled and seeds removed
- 2 florets of cauliflower
- 2 dates, stones removed
- Nectarine or peach, stone removed and chopped
- Pinch of turmeric
- 1 cup of water
- Combine the ingredients in a blender and mix well
- Top up with water to make 2 medium portions of smoothie
Tip: You could add a ½ cup frozen berries of your choice to this smoothie for an extra nutritional boost.
#6. Peanut Butter & Oats
Our final smoothie recipe combines peanuts and oats in a classic combination that packs a taste flavour punch that will especially appeal to kids and teens.
- ¾ cup porridge oats
- 2 heaped tbsp peanut butter
- 2 cups milk (use your favourite)
- 2 heaped tbsp plain yoghurt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- Blend the oats until they are fine and flour like
- Add the rest of your ingredients and combine well
Tip: Add a teaspoon cacao powder to give this super protein rich smoothie and chocolate flavour.