With just 3 ingredients, this tempting butter biscuit recipe will create approx 20 crumbly, golden biscuits. Pipe them onto the tray using a piping bag and star shaped nozzle to impress friends and family.
Sign up for our free monthly newsletters. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube & Pinterest.
- 175g softened butter
- 175g self raising flour
- 40g icing sugar with a little extra for dusting after they are cooked.
- Heat the oven to 180c fan.
- Add the softened butter and sugar to a bowl and mix well until the mixture is pale and fluffy.
- Sift in the flour and mix thoroughly, until there are no lumps.
- Place the mix into a piping bag, with a star shaped nozzle. (medium size)
- Grease and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- Pipe the mixture onto the trays in 2cm circles. Leave space between each one, as the mixture will spread as it cooks.
- Bake for approx 15 minutes, until the biscuits are golden brown.
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool for 20 minutes on the trays.
- After 20 mins, lift them carefully onto a wire rack using a fish slice.
- Leave to cool completely, if you can, as they will be very soft while they are warm.
- Once cooled, sieve over a small amount of icing sugar.
Have you tried this Butter Biscuit Recipe? Let us know in the comments box below.