Secondary school will soon be out, and there will be 3 long months to entertain your teen! If you are looking for activities for teenagers this summer 2017 to keep boredom at bay, why not consider summer camps for teens? Keep checking back as we’ll be adding new camps all the time, in the meantime, here’s a few that caught our eye!
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free?
Residential Teen Musical Theatre Camps
There are some fantastic Teen Summer Camps available from Teenage Stage International Summer School with John Lucey supported by Centre for Drama, Theatre and Performance at NUI Galway and Queens University Belfast – offering an intensive, residential musical theatre week for juniors 11 to 13 years & seniors 14 to 19 years with a “Broadway” show ‘Sweeney Todd School Edition’ by Stephen Sondheim brought to life from Page to Stage in 7 inspiring days.
2017 Summer Camps for Teens Course location and dates:
- Dublin, 2nd to 8th July
- Galway, 16th to 22nd July
- Belfast 23rd to 29th July
- Ennis 30th July to 5th August
More info at www.teenagestage.com or call + 353 (0)91 556274,
Savvy Teen Academy Summer Camps (15+ yrs)
The Savvy Teen Academy offer courses helping teens flourish at school, college or work, maximise fun and build a toolbox of skills to help with all areas of their life. It is not a course based on traditional school curriculum but students will learn and practice skills that are not taught in schools but that are essential to academic and professional success.
2017 Summer Camps for Teens Course location and dates:
- Dublin 10th – 13th July
- Cork 17th -20th July
Delphi Adventure Summer Camps, Leenane, Co. Galway
Send your kids on a fun-filled experience they’ll never forget. Adventure Camps at Delphi are the No. 1 Multi-Activity Camp in Ireland for those aged 8 and over and Teen Building Camps for those aged 12 and over. Delphi Adventure Camps are more than just your standard summer camp, they are about meeting challenges head-on, working as a team, increasing confidence and self-belief, as well as having lots of fun and making life lasting memories!
Adventure Camps will run on selected dates from 9th July – 13th August 2017, and you can choose from a 7, 5 or 3 day residential camp or just book in for one day. Click here to book now! Or call (095) 42208 for more information.
Munster Rugby English and Rugby Teen Summer Camps (13 – 16 yrs)
Munster Rugby offer English and Rugby Summer Camps for teens wishing improve their english and rugby skills. The camps are run together with Cork English College and run for two weeks from July 2nd to 16th 2017 and July 16th to 30th 2017.
Each 2 week teen summer camp includes:
- 20 English language lessons
- Accommodation with a host family or in university residence with full board
- 25 hours of rugby training with Munster Rugby Club
- Weekly assessment and end of course diploma
- Tours and other social and cultural activities
For further information or to book your place visit Munster Rugby.
Teenage Kicks Summer Music Camps for Teens (13 – 17yrs)
Teenage Kicks is a week-long Summer Music Camp for young people (13-17) who love to Rock Out! Hone and polish your material with professional help and spend a day in a real recording studio laying down your tracks!
Run by qualified youth workers, with full Garda vetting, the course includes:
- Workshops in Sound Engineering, Performance and Songwriting
Guest Lectures and mentoring from professional musicians and engineers
- Access to 2 Rehearsal Rooms with full backlines (PA, Amps and Drums)
- A day of recording in a Professional Studio
- A fully mixed and mastered CD of their work upon completion of the course
Where: The Forge Studio Galway
- Week 1 – June 26th to 30th 10am to 4pm daily
- Week 2 – July 3rd to 7th 10am to 4pm daily
Cost: €285 if booked by June 12th or €320 after that date. (12 Students Max per course)
To Book – Call Larry on 086 3319466
Learn-It LEGO Education Summer Camps (11+ yrs)
Learn It Lego Education Summer Camps cover a variety of different themes but their Senior Robotics Summer Camps for 11+yrs enables students to discover Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) in a fun, engaging, hands-on way. Combining LEGO building with software and curriculum activities allows students design, program and control robots. Students can build robots and use software to plan, test and modify sequences of instructions from a variety of real life robotic behaviours. Robotics is an exciting way to bring science, technology, engineering and mathematics to children.
Senior Robotics Summer Camps for Teens take place in Dublin and Cork but check the website for updates as other locations may become available.
Createschool Camps (12 yrs+)
Createschool presents a range of creative workshops for teens over the summer months, Including:
- Stop Motion Animation (Brick Flicks)
- Podcast Production
- Digital animation
- iPad training
Let your imagination loose and your ideas take hold, whilst having fun, making friends and creating memories! Camps take place in venues around the country.
Recommended Reading: 20 Important Things You Should Tell Your Teen
Alliance Française French Summer Courses, Dublin (13+yrs)
The summer courses for teenagers at Alliance-Française are designed to complement classes already attended at secondary school and to lay the groundwork for the school year ahead. They provide a diversification and broadening of the language in an interactive and fun way, with a focus on interests and topics relevant to the participants. 3 groups are available: Junior Teens (for students going into 2nd Year, 3rd Year and Transition Year), Senior Teens (for students going into 5th and 6th year) Preparation for Secondary School (for students going into 1st Year)
Camps take place over a 2 weeks from June 6th -16th, 19th -30th & July 3rd – 14th, 17th -28th.
glor Summer Camps, Clare (12+ yrs)
Ballet Ireland’s 17th Annual Summer School will take place at Glor Theatre, Ennis, this July 10th to 14th 2017, and is suitable for 6+yrs, with a separate group for those over 12 years. Participants will have an unforgettable time creating a ballet with professional dancers from Ballet Ireland.
Look out for other Summer Camps info for glór coming soon.
Ballet Ireland also run Summer Camps for Teens in Dublin, Letterkenny, Cooktown and Naas.
Other Summer Camps for Teens across Ireland
- Athletics Ireland offer kids the opportunity to come along and try a range of fun athletics activities in July and August. Camps run in Dublin, Mayo, Cork, Donegal, Kilkenny, Louth, Carlow, Waterford, Tipperary, Meath and Galway.
- Whizzkids Discover IT Summer Camps are for kids aged 8 to 17 and mix indoor and outdoor action, with sports, code breaking & web design so kids have a fun & varied day. Camps are taking place during July and August in various locations across the country in top level universities and 3rd level institutions, thus giving kids access to great facilities. Camps run in DCU, UCD, Cork, Clonmel, Limerick, Galway, Maynooth & Tralee.
Summer Camps for Teens in Dublin
- There is a 5 day Summer Media Course for Teenagers at UCD (13 – 17yrs) entitled Radio & TV for Teens for teens who may be thinking of a career in media, but would like to experience different aspects of media, before making a choice.
- Canoe Ireland will run kayaking summer camps during July and August. They have Junior, Senior and Advanced camps.
- Pine Forest Arts Centre Art Summer Camps are for children aged 5 to 16 years.
- The Chester Beatty Library have fun workshops for kids and teens running over the Summer Holidays.
Summer Camps for Teens in Galway
- Power Soccer School of Excellence provides excellent soccer coaching for boys and girls in Galway City and County, training indoors from September to June and outdoors for Summer Camps in July and August. The Main Camps are for 6+yrs, and run from 10 am-2 pm Mon-Fri in Athenry, Ballinrobe, Knockcarra, Headword, Kinvara and Renmore.
- The Galway Arts Centre have fun Art & Multimedia Summer Camps for Teens & Children running in July. Each weekly camp caters to a different age group, from 5 to 15 years, and run daily from 9am to 2pm at The Galway Arts Centre, Dominick Street. This Summer 2017 they have Cora Murphy who will host an Adventures in Abstract Art Weekend on July 22nd & 23rd.
- Atlantic Coast Lifeguards have Pool & Beach Lifeguard courses running in Galway, Dublin, Mayo and Donegal during June, July & August. Courses lead to an internationally recognised qualification that allows you to work as a lifeguard worldwide.
- Rusheen Bay offer waterspouts camps for teens from June 3rd to August 29th 2017.
Summer Camps for Teens in Ulster
- The Donegal Adventure Centre in Bundoran has surfing summer camps for teens in July and August. And Multi-Activity Camps for teens with high ropes, archery, art, cliff jumping, surfing, kayaking and more.
- Garden Outdoor and Education Training centre in Donegal offer outdoor adventure summer camps for teens with a ‘mad mix’ of activities for all to enjoy.
- Tanagh Outdoor Education and Training Centre have fun multi-activity summer camps for teens up to 17 years. The camps take place in Cavan and Monaghan.
Summer Camps for Teens in Munster
- Star Outdoors in Kerry have water and land based summer camps running during July and August.
- Kingdom Waves run fun surf summer camps at Inch Beach and Banna Strand throughout the summer.
- Get West Limerick run kayaking summer camps throughout the summer months.
- Nevsail have watersports summer camps running in Kilkee during July and August 2017.
- WIT Arena offer sports skills and multi-activity summer camps to teens during July and August. Teen camps are for ages 13 to 17 years focus on 4 main disciplines; GAA, Soccer, Rugby and Basketball.
- UCH Limerick will run a musical theatre summer camp with Richie Hayes from July 3rd to 7th 2017.
- Camp Waterford takes place in Newtown School and offer multi-activity summer camps for kids and teens aged from 4 to 19 years. Camps run weekly from 10am to 4pm on dates beginning July 10th to 28th 2017.
Summer Camps for Teens in Connacht
- Horizon Ireland are based in Westport and have summer camps for teens including specialist camps for Tennis, Golf, Horse riding, Surfing, Drama, Watersports, Rugby, and Multi-Activity and Language Summer Camps in French, Spanish and English.
- Roscommon Equestrian Centre will run Summer Pony Camps for teens of all ages and ability levels. From one day camps to 4 day camps.
- The Roscommon Sports Partnership have details on several local community sports summer camps for kids and teens taking place this summer 2017.
- Lough Allen Adventure offer water and land based summer camps for teens in Leitrim. Camps run for half or full days and can be booked by day or week.
- Scholastic Languages offer Irish Speaking multi-activity summer camps in Leitrim and Sligo. Summer Camps are available for secondary level students.
Summer Camps for Teens in Leinster
- Pure Adventure Kilkenny offer kayaking summer camps for teens during July and August.