Secondary school will soon be out, and there will be 3 long months to entertain your teen! If you are looking for activities for teenagers this summer 2019 to keep boredom at bay, why not consider summer camps for teens? Keep checking back as we’ll be adding new camps all the time, in the meantime, here’s a few that caught our eye!
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free?
Delphi Adventure Summer Camps, Leenane, Co. Galway
Give your kids a fun-filled experience they’ll never forget. Is there anything your kids love more than an adventure? There’s no playground in the world that can match what Ireland’s great outdoors has to offer. With over 35 years of experience, Delphi have developed Adventure Camps to nurture and encourage children and teenagers to:
- support one another
- work in teams
- develop their self-confidence
- grow in self-belief through adventure in the outdoors.
With this in mind there is no doubt that Delphi Resort will be an unforgettable experience that your child will carry with them into the future. Campers will get to experience an array of challenging and fun activities in what is one of the most beautiful adventure playgrounds in Ireland.
So why not let your kids (aged 8-17 years) ‘go wild’ in a safe and full supervised environment for up to a week at Ireland’s leading adventure resort? Send them for a few days away and you could be looking at the next Bear Grylls or future BMX biking champ.
They will be zip-lining, climbing, kayaking, and much more while making lifetime memories and new friendships. For added peace of mind, you can rest assured knowing that safety is paramount at Delphi Resort. Your kids will be fed and watered 3 times a day and given all the safety equipment they need – at no extra cost to you. 24 hour supervision is provided by fully trained and qualified staff who have been Garda vetted.
Adventure Camps will run on selected dates from 7th July – 11th August 2019, and you can choose from a 7, 5 or 3 day residential camp or just book in for one day. Click here to book now*! Or call +353 (0)95 42208 for more information.
You might also enjoy reading 12 Proven Benefits of Sending Your Kids on a Residential Camp
Alliance Française French Summer Camps in Dublin (13+yrs)
The summer courses for teenagers at Alliance Française are designed to complement classes already attended at secondary school and to lay the groundwork for the school year ahead. They provide a diversification and broadening of the language in an interactive and fun way, with a focus on interests and topics relevant to the participants.
3 groups are available: Junior Teens (for students going into 2nd Year & 3rd Year), Senior Teens (for students going into 4th (TY), 5th and 6th year) Preparation for Secondary School (for students going into 1st Year)
2 week programme every 2 weeks Monday to Friday 10am – 1pm 30 hours in total and teen camps take place from June 4th right up to August 23rd 2019..
You might also enjoy reading Fun Guaranteed with These Sleepaway Camps in Ireland & 10 Cool Things for Teens to do in Ireland this Summer
Learn It Senior Robotics Camps (11+yrs)
You will blast off for the red planet in a Mission to Mars Robotics Challenge, an exciting way to bring Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) concepts to life for the over-11s. Students research and plan their Martian mission, developing a robot to carry out automated tasks, culminating in our interplanetary challenge at the end of the week.
The Learn It Senior Robotics camps enable students to discover Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics in a fun, engaging, hands-on way. This combines LEGO building with software and curriculum-based activities, which allows students to design, programme and control robots. They build robots and use software to plan, test and modify sequences of instructions from a variety of real-life robotic behaviours. Students gather and analyse data from sensors using data-logging functionalities such as graph view.
Following a curriculum devised by LEGO® Education, they start off with simple projects on Day One, learning about the basics of LEGO® Mindstorms programming, creating a vehicle and programming it to drive forward, turn and reverse. They then move on to the various sensors that we use during the week, learning how they work, their real world applications and how to programme them.
As the week progresses, students enhance their robot, adding new sensors, creating new programmes and taking on various challenges that are set each day. As the end of the camp approaches, they build a new robot based on what they have learned and take on our end-of-week challenge.
Senior Robotics Summer Camps for Teens take place in Limerick, Ennis and Cork but check for updates as other locations may become available.
You might also enjoy reading Fun Guaranteed with these Sleepaway Camps in Ireland
glor Summer Camps, Clare (12+ yrs)
Ballet Ireland offer an Annual Summer School at glór in Ennis 22nd to 26th July 2019 with a separate group for those over 12 years. Participants will have an unforgettable time creating a ballet with professional dancers from Ballet Ireland. No prior dance training is necessary.
Ballet Ireland also run Summer Camps for Teens in Dublin, Letterkenny, Cooktown and Naas.
dlr Mill Theatre Performing Arts Summer Camps
Running for the month of July kids and teens taking part in a performing arts summer campat dlr Mill Theatre will get an insight in to musical theatre while making loads of new friends.
The exciting themed, week-long camp will immerse students in a high-energy, intensive, day-long learning experience consisting of instruction in acting, singing, and dancing. By focusing on process and technique-based coaching by local and UK-based professionals, students will experience the collaborative nature of theatre at its most thrilling. A culminating presentation of the material worked on will be presented on the Mill Theatre stage on Friday afternoon at 2pm for family and friends. (free of charge, no booking required)
Dates: Monday 1st July to Friday 26th July
Times: 10am – 3pm
Ages: 4-6yrs/ 7-9yrs/ 10-12yrs / 13-15yrs
Price: €110 per week – 10% sibling discount / 10% multiple weeks discount.
GAP (Galway Autism Partnership) Summer Camps for Kids & Teens
Galway Autism Partnership is a community based-charity that provides supports for individuals and families living with autism in Galway city and county. For the past 7 years, GAP has offered high-quality, safe and accessible Summer Camps to members aged 3 – 17 years.
GAP aims to offer a wide range of accessible and inclusive Summer Camps for children and young people with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their siblings throughout Galway city and county.
All of our Camps are subject to Volunteer and Facilitator availability. Application forms are now available – contact the GAP office on 091 5888 99 or email [email protected] to request an application form.
Spaces are limited so please don’t delay!
Other Summer Camps for Teens across Ireland
- Athletics Ireland offer kids the opportunity to come along and try a range of fun athletics activities in July and August. Camps run in Dublin, Mayo, Cork, Donegal, Kilkenny, Louth, Carlow, Waterford, Tipperary, Meath and Galway.
- Whizzkids Discover IT Summer Camps are for kids aged 8 to 17 and mix indoor and outdoor action, with sports, code breaking & web design so kids have a fun & varied day. Camps are taking place during July and August in various locations across the country in top level universities and 3rd level institutions, thus giving kids access to great facilities. Camps run in DCU, UCD, Cork, Clonmel, Limerick, Galway, Maynooth & Tralee.
- Bricks 4 Kidz teaches Science, Technology Engineering and Maths (STEM) using LEGO. They have a number of camp options around Ireland depending on age and location.
- STARCAMP is aimed at all boys and girls aged 4-12, and it is so much more than a performing arts camp. It takes place at locations around the country.
Summer Camps for Teens in Dublin
Trinity Walton Club STEM Summer Camps
Trinity College Dublin’s Trinity Walton Club has exciting STEM summer camps that kids from 13-17 years of age are sure to love. They can enjoy a week of designing, collaborating and learning, all while making new discoveries, making stuff and making friends.
There are STEM camps for all secondary school students (the junior camps are for pre-junior certificate students and the senior camps are for post-junior certificate students).
Savvy Teen Academy Summer Camps (15+ yrs)
The Savvy Teen Academy offer courses helping teens flourish at school, college or work, maximise fun and build a toolbox of skills to help with all areas of their life. It is not a course based on traditional school curriculum but students will learn and practice skills that are not taught in schools but that are essential to academic and professional success. The camps run in Dublin & Cork.
- Canoe Ireland run kayaking summer camps during July and August. They have Junior, Senior and Advanced camps.
- Pine Forest Arts Centre offer Art Summer Camps for up to 16 years.
- The Chester Beatty Library have fun workshops teens running over the Summer Holidays.
- Nova’s European Youth Cultural Project encourages children and teens from all nationalities to freely develop their creativity in a safe and supportive environment
Any child aged 11 to 17 can take part in the project which runs for 3 consecutive weeks during July at the Firhouse Community Centre.
- Teen Makeup Summer Camps from June to August at MKF Institute teaching the full spectrum of makeup artistry, from day looks to special effects makeup.
- The Gaiety School of Acting run drama and acting camps for kids and teens in July and August.
Summer Camps for Teens in Galway
- Power Soccer School of Excellence provides excellent soccer coaching for boys and girls in Galway City and County, training indoors from September to June and outdoors for Summer Camps in July and August. The Main Camps are for 6+yrs, and run from 10 am-2 pm Mon-Fri in Athenry, Ballinrobe, Knockcarra, Headword, Kinvara and Renmore.
- The Galway Arts Centre run Art & Multimedia Summer Camps for Teens & Children
Summer Camps for Teens in Ulster
- The Donegal Adventure Centre in Bundoran has surfing summer camps for teens in July and August. And Multi-Activity Camps for teens with high ropes, archery, art, cliff jumping, surfing, kayaking and more.
- Garden Outdoor and Education Training Centre in Donegal offers outdoor adventure summer camps for teens with a ‘mad mix’ of activities for all to enjoy.
- Tanagh Outdoor Education and Training Centre have fun multi-activity summer camps for teens up to 17 years. The camps take place in Cavan and Monaghan.
Summer Camps for Teens in Munster
- Funkytown Watersports Summer Camps for Kids & Teens take place on Fountainstown Beach, Cork. Camps begin on July 8th, 10am to 2pm and run weekly up to August 15th. Camps are suitable for kids aged 8 to 17 years.
- Premier Sports Coaching have summer camps in Tipperary locations for ages 4+.
- Star Outdoors in Kerry have water and land based summer camps running during July and August.
- Kingdom Waves run fun surf summer camps at Inch Beach and Banna Strand throughout the summer.
- Get West Limerick run kayaking summer camps throughout the summer months.
- Nevsail have watersports summer camps running in Kilkee during July and August.
- WIT Arena offer sports skills and multi-activity summer camps to teens and kids during July and August.
- De La Salle College Waterford offer sports summer camps for kids aged 7 to 13 years. The camps cover a range of different sports including swimming and indoor and outdoor activities.
- Inspireland Creative Arts Summer Camp for kids and teens aged 9-16 years take place in July at Limerick School of Art & Design and in Clare.
Summer Camps for Teens in Connacht
- Horizon Ireland are based in Westport and have summer camps for teens including specialist camps for Tennis, Golf, Horse riding, Surfing, Drama, Watersports, Rugby, and Multi-Activity and Language Summer Camps in French, Spanish and English.
- Roscommon Equestrian Centre run Summer Pony Camps for teens of all ages and ability levels. From one day camps to 4 day camps.
- Lough Allen Adventure offer water and land based summer camps for teens in Leitrim. Camps run for half or full days and can be booked by day or week.
- Scholastic Languages offer Irish Speaking multi-activity summer camps in Leitrim and Sligo. Summer Camps are available for secondary level students.
Summer Camps for Teens in Leinster
- Pure Adventure Kilkenny offer kayaking summer camps for teens during July and August.
- Rockin’ Out Band Coaching Camp takes place in July and August at Creagh Studios, Gorey, Co. Wexford. Whether you and some friends have been thinking of forming a band and are not quite sure how to do it or have been playing your instrument/singing on your own and are interested in having a go at playing with others, this is the camp for you.
- Marine Biology for Teens summer courses run by Marine Dimensions in Bray, Co. Wicklow covers a wide range of marine topics