Secondary school will soon be out, and there will be 3 long months to entertain your teen! If you are looking for activities for teenagers this summer to keep boredom at bay, why not consider summer camps for teens? Keep checking back as we’ll be adding new camps all the time, in the meantime, here’s a few that caught our eye!
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
Start planning your summer with some of these fantastic summer camps for teens around Ireland. From action and adventure to science, sports and more – there’s something for everyone!
You May Also Enjoy 20 Simple Ideas for Summer Jobs for Teens
Super Summer Camps for Teens
Delphi Adventure Summer Camps, Leenane, Co. Galway
Give your kids a fun-filled experience they’ll never forget. Is there anything your kids love more than an adventure? There’s no playground in the world that can match what Ireland’s great outdoors has to offer. With over 35 years of experience, Delphi have developed Adventure Camps to nurture and encourage children and teenagers to:
- support one another
- work in teams
- develop their self-confidence
- grow in self-belief through adventure in the outdoors.
With this in mind there is no doubt that Delphi Resort will be an unforgettable experience that your child will carry with them into the future. Campers will get to experience an array of challenging and fun activities in what is one of the most beautiful adventure playgrounds in Ireland.
So why not let your kids (aged 10-17 years) ‘go wild’ in a safe and full supervised environment for up to a week at Ireland’s leading adventure resort? Send them for a few days away and you could be looking at the next Bear Grylls or future BMX biking champ.
They will be zip-lining, climbing, kayaking, and much more while making lifetime memories and new friendships. For added peace of mind, you can rest assured knowing that safety is paramount at Delphi Resort. Your kids will be fed and watered 3 times a day and given all the safety equipment they need – at no extra cost to you. 24 hour supervision is provided by fully trained and qualified staff who have been Garda vetted.
Adventure Camps will run weekly from 28th June – 9th August 2020, and you can choose from a 7, 5 or 3 day residential camp or just book in for one day. Click here to book now*! Or call +353 (0)95 42208 for more information.
Learn It Senior Robotics Camps (11+yrs), Nationwide
You will blast off for the red planet in a Mission to Mars Robotics Challenge, an exciting way to bring Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) concepts to life for the over-11s. Students research and plan their Martian mission, developing a robot to carry out automated tasks, culminating in our interplanetary challenge at the end of the week.
The Learn It Senior Robotics camps enable students to discover Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics in a fun, engaging, hands-on way. This combines LEGO building with software and curriculum-based activities, which allows students to design, programme and control robots. They build robots and use software to plan, test and modify sequences of instructions from a variety of real-life robotic behaviours. Students gather and analyse data from sensors using data-logging functionalities such as graph view.
Following a curriculum devised by LEGO® Education, they start off with simple projects on Day One, learning about the basics of LEGO® Mindstorms programming, creating a vehicle and programming it to drive forward, turn and reverse. They then move on to the various sensors that we use during the week, learning how they work, their real world applications and how to programme them.
As the week progresses, students enhance their robot, adding new sensors, creating new programmes and taking on various challenges that are set each day. As the end of the camp approaches, they build a new robot based on what they have learned and take on our end-of-week challenge.
Ballet Ireland Summer School, Clare
Ballet Ireland offer an Annual Summer School at glór in Ennis and other locations with a separate group for those over 12 years. Participants will have an unforgettable time creating a ballet with professional dancers from Ballet Ireland. No prior dance training is necessary.
Anyone4Science Teen Summer Camps, Nationwide
Anyone4Science runs Summer Science Camps and Science Cafés for 13-15 yrs. Investigate Chemical Synthesis, Liver dissection, Pneumatics, Soldering, Electronic Projects, space science and more …
2020 Summer Camp locations and dates:
- Dublin, Central venue TBC – 8th-12th June, 15th-20th June, 22nd-26th June 2020
- Cork, CIT Teen Camp – 22nd-26th June, 29th June-3rd July, 6th-10th July 2020
- Carlow, IT Carlow Teen Camp – 6th-10th July 2020
- Dublin, Malahide Community School – 6th-10th July 2020
- Dublin 4, St Michaels College, Teen Camp – 29th June-3rd July, 6th-10th July, 13th-17th July 2020
- Dublin 6, Terenure Teen Camp – 29th June-3rd July 2020
- Dublin 24, TUDublin Tallaght Teen Camp – 29th June-3rd July 2020
- Galway, GMIT – 13th-17th July 2020
- Limerick, Villiers School Teen Camp – 13th-17th July 2020
- Westmeath, Athlone, IT Athlone Teen Camp – 6th-10th July 2020
You May Also Enjoy 5 Proven Tips to Help Teens Secure a Summer Job
Other Summer Camps for Teens across Ireland
- Athletics Ireland offer kids the opportunity to come along and try a range of fun athletics activities in July and August.
- Whizzkids run Discover IT Summer Camps for up to age 17 and mix indoor and outdoor action, with sports, code breaking & web design so kids have a fun & varied day. Camps are taking place during July and August in various locations across the country in top level universities and 3rd level institutions, thus giving kids access to great facilities. Camps run in DCU, UCD, Cork, Clonmel, Limerick, Galway, Maynooth & Tralee.
- Createschool offers a range of creative workshops and camps, ranging in length from half day taster sessions to week-long camps in various locations around Ireland. Workshops include Brick Flicks stop motion animation with Lego minifigures, moviemaking, podcasting, songwriting and much more.
Summer Camps for Teens in Dublin
Savvy Teen Academy Summer Camps (15+ yrs)
The Savvy Teen Academy offer courses helping teens flourish at school, college or work, maximise fun and build a toolbox of skills to help with all areas of their life. It is not a course based on traditional school curriculum but students will learn and practice skills that are not taught in schools but that are essential to academic and professional success.
This year the camp will take place in July 2020 (dates tbc) at Dublin Chamber of Commerce 7 Clare Street, Dublin 2.
Students will learn and practice skills that are essential to academic and professional success, but aren’t taught as such in school, such as:
- speaking confidently and persuasively in front of an audience
- studying smart, and not just hard
- making an excellent first impression in a professional or personal context
- overcoming shyness and coming across as respectful and confident in any conversation or exchange
- managing stress-inducing situations with poise and grace, without crumbling under pressure
- protecting themselves and coping in difficult situations requiring quick adaptation (moving out and starting college, coping with feelings of sadness or isolation, after a breakup for example)
At the end of the programme your teen will take home the best strategies, tried and selected by highly successful people – and use them for life.
Places are limited so book your teen’s place now.
dlr Mill Theatre Performing Arts Summer Camps For Kids & Teens, Dublin
Running for the month of July (6th to 31st) kids and teens taking part in a performing arts summer camp at dlr Mill Theatre will get an insight in to musical theatre while making loads of new friends.
This exciting week-long camp will immerse students in a high-energy, intensive, day-long learning experience consisting of instruction in acting, singing, and dancing from Steptacular Performing Arts teachers who are fully qualified and Garda vetted.
A culminating presentation of the material worked on will be presented on the Mill Theatre stage on Friday afternoon at 2pm of each week for family and friends. (free of charge, no booking required)
- Week 1 – Camp Broadway
- Week 2 – Camp Cheer Leader
- Week 3 – Camp Frozen
- Week 4 – Camp Roald Dahl
Discover the Excitement of Musical Theatre with dlr Mill Theatre and Steptacular Performing Arts
• Week long camps from 6-31 July.
• Monday – Friday, 10am – 3pm. Early drop off from 9.45am.
• Ages 4-6yrs/ 7-9yrs/ 10-12yrs / 13-15yrs
• Price €115 per week
• 10% sibling discount / 10% multiple week discount
• All budding performers to come with a drink and a packed lunch
Alliance Française French Summer Camps in Dublin (13+yrs)
The summer courses for teenagers at Alliance Française are designed to complement classes already attended at secondary school and to lay the groundwork for the school year ahead. They provide a diversification and broadening of the language in an interactive and fun way, with a focus on interests and topics relevant to the participants.
3 groups are available: Junior Teens (for students going into 2nd Year & 3rd Year), Senior Teens (for students going into 4th (TY), 5th and 6th year) Preparation for Secondary School (for students going into 1st Year)
2 week programme every 2 weeks Monday to Friday 10am – 1pm 30 hours in total and teen camps take place from June right up to August 2020.
More Summer Camps for Teens in Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin’s Trinity Walton Club has exciting STEM summer camps for ages 13-17 years. They can enjoy a week of designing, collaborating and learning, all while making new discoveries, making stuff and making friends.
- Canoe Ireland run kayaking summer camps during July and August for ages 10-16. They have Junior, Senior and Advanced camps.
- Pine Forest Arts Centre offer Art Summer Camps for up to 16 years.
- The Chester Beatty Library have fun workshops for teens running over the Summer Holidays.
- Nova’s European Youth Cultural Project encourages children and teens from all nationalities to freely develop their creativity in a safe and supportive environment at their Filmmaking summer camps. Any child aged 11 to 17 can take part in the project which runs for 3 consecutive weeks during July at the Firhouse Community Centre.
- The Gaiety School of Acting run drama and acting camps for teens in July and August.
Summer Camps for Teens in Galway
GAP (Galway Autism Partnership) Summer Camps for Kids & Teens
Galway Autism Partnership is a community based-charity that provides supports for individuals and families living with autism in Galway city and county. For the past 7 years, GAP has offered high-quality, safe and accessible Summer Camps to members aged 3 – 17 years.
GAP aims to offer a wide range of accessible and inclusive Summer Camps for children and young people with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their siblings throughout Galway city and county.
All of our Camps are subject to Volunteer and Facilitator availability. Application forms are now available – contact the GAP office on 091 5888 99 or email [email protected] to request an application form.
Spaces are limited so please don’t delay!
- Power Soccer School of Excellence provides excellent soccer coaching for boys and girls in Galway City and County, training indoors from September to June and outdoors for Summer Camps in July and August. The Main Camps are for 6+yrs, and run from 10 am-2 pm Mon-Fri in Athenry, Ballinrobe, Knockcarra, Headword, Kinvara and Renmore.
- The Galway Arts Centre run Art & Multimedia Summer Camps for Teens.
Summer Camps for Teens in Ulster
- The Donegal Adventure Centre in Bundoran has surfing summer camps for teens in July and August. They also offer Multi-Activity Camps for teens with high ropes, archery, art, cliff jumping, surfing, kayaking and more.
- Gartan Outdoor and Education Training Centre in Donegal offers outdoor adventure summer camps for teens with a ‘mad mix’ of activities for all to enjoy.
- Tanagh Outdoor Education and Training Centre have fun multi-activity summer camps for teens up to 16 years. The camps take place in Cavan and Monaghan.
Summer Camps for Teens in Munster
- Funkytown Watersports run Summer Camps for Kids & Teens taking place on Fountainstown Beach, Cork. Camps run weekly in July & August, suitable for kids aged 8 to 17 years.
- Premier Sports Coaching offer summer camps in Tipperary locations.
- Star Outdoors in Kerry have water and land based summer camps running during July and August.
- Kingdom Waves run fun surf summer camps at Inch Beach and Banna Strand throughout the summer.
- Get West Limerick run kayaking summer camps throughout the summer months.
- Nevsail have watersports summer camps running in Kilkee during July and August.
- WIT Arena offer sports skills and multi-activity summer camps to teens and kids during July and August.
- Inspireland run Creative Arts Summer Camps for teens up to 16 years take place in July in Limerick.
- The Burren Outdoor and Education Centre have adventure summer camps for kids and teens running in July and August.
Summer Camps for Teens in Connacht
- Horizon Ireland are based in Westport and have summer camps for teens including specialist camps for Tennis, Golf, Horse riding, Surfing, Drama, Watersports, Rugby, and Multi-Activity and Language Summer Camps in French, Spanish and English.
- Roscommon Equestrian Centre run Summer Pony Camps for teens of all ages and ability levels. From one day camps to 4 day camps.
- Lough Allen Adventure offer water and land based summer camps for teens in Leitrim. Camps run for half or full days and can be booked by day or week.
- Scholastic Languages offer Irish Speaking multi-activity summer camps in Leitrim and Sligo. Summer Camps are available for secondary level students.
Summer Camps for Teens in Leinster
- The Craft Corner runs a Summer Arts & Crafts Camps for teens in Kildare.
- Pure Adventure Kilkenny offer kayaking summer camps for teens during July and August.
- Rockin’ Out Band Coaching Camp takes place in July and August at Creagh Studios, Gorey, Co. Wexford. Whether you and some friends have been thinking of forming a band and are not quite sure how to do it or have been playing your instrument/singing on your own and are interested in having a go at playing with others, this is the camp for you.
- Marine Biology for Teens summer courses run by Marine Dimensions in Bray, Co. Wicklow covering a wide range of marine topics.
Are you running camps in locations across Ireland? Contact us to tell us about your camp.