Looking for a fun and magical Christmas craft to do with the kids? Then, you must try making this reindeer food. Suitable for all ages, you will only need 4 steps to bring this recipe to life. It’s also an ideal craft to keep kids entertained in the run-up to Christmas.
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
Once you’ve assembled the reindeer food, keep it safely stored until Christmas Eve. Before Santa arrives, get the kids to sprinkle the magic reindeer food outside to help the reindeer guide Santa’s sleigh right to your home.
You May Also Enjoy: 15 Christmas Craft Ideas for Kids to Get You in the Festive Mood
How to Make Magical Reindeer Food
- Oats or birdseed
- Edible glitter
- Small plastic or brown paper bag
- Paper and pen
- Ribbon or tape (optional)
- Mix the oats or birdseed with the glitter in your small plastic or brown paper bag
- Add the magic to the mixture by writing the following on a piece of paper;
“Sprinkle on the lawn at night.
The moon will make it sparkle bright
Santa’s reindeer fly and roam
This will guide them to your home.”
3. Put the paper into the bag, or attach it with the ribbon or tape. Safely store your bag away.
4. On Christmas Eve, sprinkle the magic reindeer food outside your house, and the reindeer and Santa are sure to find you!
You May Also Enjoy 10 of the Cutest Winter Crafts for Toddlers to Make