Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers.
PS Did we mention it’s free?
You Will Need:
- Large sheets of coloured, black and white paper
- Small scissors
What To Do:
1. Download our free Halloween shapes, then trace onto paper or cardboard and cut it out to use as a template. You can also make your own designs of course!
2. Cut a long strip of paper from a large sheet of paper.
3. Measure the width of your template design.
4. Mark vertical lines on your strip of paper in pencil to show you where to fold – each fold line will be at the next template width. So if your template width is 3cm, mark a vertical line at 3cm, 6cm, 9cm and so on.
5. Start folding your paper first one way along a fold line then fold back on itself the other way at the next vertical line, so that you start to get a zig-zag folded paper.
6. Place your template on top of the final folded paper and trace around it with the pencil.
7. Cut around your shape, making sure to leave a little gap at either side of the folded paper (i.e. don’t cut all the way round, leave some connection at each side). If your folded paper is very thick you can cut a couple of layers at a time.
8. Carefully open up the chain to check it. Join chains together with tape to make even longer chains.
You Might Also Like 10 Fun Halloween Crafts for Kids
Did you try our Halloween paper chains? Leave a comment below and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!