You will need
- Large sheets of coloured, black and white paper
- Small scissors
What to do
1. Trace one of our Halloween shapes onto paper or cardboard and cut it out to use as a template. You can make your own designs of course!
2. Cut a long strip of paper from a large sheet of paper
3. Measure the width of your template design
4. Mark vertical lines on your strip of paper in pencil to show you where to fold – each fold line will be at the next template width. So if your template width is 3 cm, mark a vertical line at 3 cm, 6 cm, 9 cm etc
5. Start folding your paper first one way along a fold line then fold back on itself the other way at the next vertical line, so that you start to get a zigzagged folded paper.
6. Place your template on top of the final folded paper and trace around it with the pencil.
7. Cut around your shape, making sure to leave a little gap at either side of the folded paper i.e. don’t cut all the way round, leave some connection at each side. If your folded paper is very thick you can cut a couple of layers at a time.
8. Carefully open up the chain to check it. Join chains together with cellotape to make even longer chains.
Did you try this project? How did it work out? Let us know in the comments box below