Welcome parents of older children, we have compiled some ideas of things to do round Galway. If we have missed anything out, please let us know!
Art & Crafts
Paint Your Own Pot, Judy Green’s Pottery Workshop, Kirwan’s Lane, Galway
- City Limits in Oranmore has a climbing wall
- Corrib Climbing NUI Galway Sports Centre, National University of Ireland Galway
Fun & Fitness
- Pure Skill, Knocknacarra
- Available at City Limits in Oranmore
- The Adventure Centre at Delphi Mountain Resort has over 25 ocean, forest, and Mountain based activities with Summer Camps and Family Adventure holidays
- Killary Adventure Company has a wide range of activities suitable from the complete beginner to the more experienced, from age 8, with family breaks available also.
- Petersburg Outdoor Education Centre has many exciting outdoor adventure sports activities and challenging expeditions for all age group located in Clonbur, Co. Galway
- On the Prom at Salthill
- At Renville Park, Oranmore
- There are lots of cycling trails in Portumna Forest Park
Rollerblading and Skateboarding
There are a few good spots for rollerblading and skateboarding:
- at the Millennium Park near the Cathedral
- on the Prom at Salthill
- at Rinville Park, Oranmore
- Loughrea playground
- Doughiska playground An Sean Baile
- Kingfisher Renmore
- The Connacht Hotel (buy a day pass)
- Rusheen Bay Windsurfing www.rusheenbay.com
- Spiddal Angling School can take you deep sea-angling or fly-fishing off Spiddal Pier. Caters for 9-17 years in the summer months.
- Greyhound Racing is on every Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings at the Galway Greyhound Stadium, College Road.
- Horse racing takes place at Ballybrit every July, September and October.
- Galway United plays at Terryland Park
There are 3 clubs in Galway:
- Fixtures in Galway can be found on the Galway GAA website
- Rab Fulton tells Celtic Tales in The Cottage Bar Lower Salthill (Wednesday Nights from 8pm – until end of Sept)
Clubs & Associations
- Foroige provides local youth services
- Scouting Ireland, for Beavers, Cub Scouts and Scouts
- Irish Girl Guides, for Ladybirds, Brownies & Guides
Over to you now. Have you any other suggestions for things for teens and tweens to do in Galway? Share them in the comments below.