Are you parent to a toddler? Finding things to do with children before they start school can be difficult, or if you are new to Waterford. So we have put together some suggestions of Things To Do With Preschoolers in Waterford.
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
The best thing about when you have a toddler and are not tied to school times is that you have a bit more flexibility to visit places during the day and at less busy times. If you’re looking for ideas for things to do with your toddler in Waterford, we’ve got a few suggestions for you:
Things To Do With Preschoolers In Waterford
Soft Play Centres in Waterford
Visit one of the play centres in Waterford, with dedicated soft play areas for preschoolers, this is a great way to spend a couple of hours and burn off some energy! Here are some places that cater for toddlers:
- Activate Waterford, Ardkeen
- Pirates Adventure, Tramore
- Runamuck in Tramore
Storytime in Waterford Libraries
Visit one of the many libraries in Waterford. Many libraries such as Dungarvan Library and Ardkeen Library have story time and/or parent and toddler meet ups. Check out your local library to see upcoming events and news.
The junior section of your Library is also good for spending an hour or two reading and choosing books. It’s nice for your preschooler to join the library and choose their own books to borrow.
Parent Toddler Swimming in Waterford
Go swimming! There are a few swimming pools across Waterford that have dedicated times for Parent and Toddler swims and/or specific swimming areas for smaller children.
Music and Other Fun Classes
Sign up for a class. Music, movement, dance, drama, play labs, swimming or football! Check out preschool classes, it’s a great way to meet people and make friends too. For example, Gymboree offer music play classes for toddlers across Waterford.
Playgrounds in Waterford
Visit the playground! Waterford has some lovely playgrounds:
- Bunmahon Playground has a nice selection of play equipment for smaller kids.
- The playground at Dunmore East is enclosed, so ideal for smallies, and a nice place for a picnic in summer.
- Fenor has one of the most popular playgrounds in the area.
- Passage East playground is enclosed and there is seating for Mums and Dads.
- Peoples Park in Waterford City has two playgrounds, one for smaller kids.
You May Also Enjoy – The Best Playgrounds In Ireland Recommended by Parents
Parent and Toddler Groups
Join a local Parent and Toddler Group. There are many local groups throughout Waterford that meet weekly. Parent and Toddler groups are a nice way for young children to mix with children their own age and for parents to meet other local parents.
Attractions in Waterford
If you have a free day mid week a big advantage with getting out and about with preschoolers is that you can visit places at “off peak” times when older children are at school and popular places aren’t as busy!
Some of places in Waterford to visit with your preschooler:
- Splashworld in Tramore has a parent and toddler hour. Children 2 and under are free and should wear a swim nappy.
- Copper Coast Mini Farm in Ballyadam is a family run pet farm near Tramore with an indoor pet area, sandpits and other fun activities.
- For your train-mad preschooler, a ride on Waterford and Suir Valley Railway is a must. Wrap up warmly as it can be chilly if you end up in one of the outdoor carriages but there are indoor carriages as well.
You May Also Enjoy – Our Pick of What’s On This Month
Events for Preschoolers in Waterford
Keep an eye on our events pages as there are regular workshops and events for younger children in the city’s museums, parks and more.
Take a Little Walk
You might also enjoy reading our ideas for entertaining preschoolers at home.
Have you got a favourite thing to do with your preschooler or toddler in Waterford? Share it with us in the comments below.