Storytime for Preschoolers
- Storytelling takes place at Wexford Library for preschoolers every Friday at 10:45.
- Bunclody Library has storytime for under 7’s at 4pm every Wednesday.
- New Ross: Storytime for preschoolers at 11:45 and most Saturdays at 2:30. To find out which saturdays call Nicola on (053) 9375466.
- Gorey Library hosts storytelling in the near future. Call (053) 9421481 for further updates.
- Enniscorthy Library: Every second saturday at 11am. Call (053) 923 6055
Places with smaller pools suitable for toddlers that are open to the public:
- The new state of the art Ferrybank pool in Wexford includes changing facilities and parent/ toddler swims.. Call (053) 914 3274.
- Forest Park Leisure Centre, Courtown Harbour, Gorey, Co. Wexford. Learner pool, 25m pool. Public times M, W, 11am – 12 noon. Parent and Toddler Fun and Games in the Learner Pool Tuesday 4-24 months 11-11.30am, 24 months – 4 years 11.30am – 12noon. Instructor in the pool at all times. Free tea/coffee afterwards.
- See for info on Swimming Pools and other indoor activities in Wexford in our listings section.
You will find Parent and Toddler mornings on:
- Tagoat, near Rosslare, every Tuesday morning from 10am-12. Call Ruth: 087 922 3237
- TTM holds monthly meetings for parents with twins or triplets or more in Leisure Max.
- Little Angels Toddler group, Cuidiu. Every Thursday 10-12 at Friends Meeting House, Spring Valley. Enniscorthy. Tel: (087)1249450
- New Ross Parent toddler group C.D.P Building. Tel: (087)7518418
- Wexford Town, Rathangan Hall. Call Mairead or Audrey on (051) 563039
For other Parent & Toddler groups that meet, check out our listings under the Parent & Toddler category.
Music and other fun Classes
- Kindermusik with Camilla in Clonard, weekly classes.
- Léaró Parent and Toddler Art Workshops at the Wexford Arts Centre. Ages 2-4. Selected Tuesdays at 3pm, only €4 per family. Booking is essential, www.wexfordartscentre.ie
- Doodles to Do Club – Ages 4+. Parent participation, also at Wexford Arts Centre
Lots of playgrounds around Wexford-
- Kilmore Quay- has a new state of the art playground overlooking Saltee Islands. Then take a walk down the pier and watch the seals feeding!
- Playzone– Soft Play from age 0. With wi-fi, cafe and changing facilities.
- Leisure Max- Just outside Wexford Town. Soft play area. Tel: 053-912290. See also TTM for meeting other parents with twins and triplets and more!
- New Ross Adventure Play Barn -Opening Hours: 10-7pm monday-saturday, Sunday 12-6pm. Baby changing facilities, coffee shop.
Check out our article on Family Walks in Wexford!
- Johnstown Castle in Murintown in particular is just full of mums and buggies. The kids love the serenity of the lake, feeding the ducks and are in awe of the wild peacocks! A great morning event in prep for their little nap! Tel: 053/9171247
Good beaches, bring their bucket to collect shells and things:
- Carne Beach
- Kilmore Quay
- St Margarets
We are lucky to have so many petting farms in Wexford which the little ones especially love…
Remember these farms are open if weather permitting!
For suggestions of where to go with toddlers, we have compiled a list of child-friendly places to eat.
Mix cornflour and water and some food colouring (optional) until it forms a thick paste. It will run through your fingers when you try to lift it but if you pat it it is hard. Lots of fun for mums and kids. Very weird texture will make even big kids laugh. washes out of clothes easily and it doesn’t matter if it gets eaten cos it’s natural so even small toddlers or babies in their high-chair can join in the fun!
(this gloop tip comes from Sarah D, a parent user of the Mykidstime Website)
For other fun ideas of things to do with preschoolers check out our Things To Do Section.
If there is anything we have missed or you know another fun activity to do with preschoolers in Wexford, please share them in the comments box below.