Top 10 Things to Do in Carlow
1. Spend a few hours exploring the Visual Centre for Contemporary Art. Activity sheets for children, with facts on the artists, interesting questions to think about and a space to sketch ideas are available for 3+, 6+ and 10+ from the reception desk or from the invigilators free of charge. Keep an eye out for their family workshops.
3. Say hello to the animals and take a short trip on the barrel train around the farm at Rancho Reilly’s Farm & Activity Centre.
4. Visit Browneshill Dolmen, a granite portal dolmen, which is located to the east of Carlow town dating back to pre-historic times. It is said to be the largest dolmen in Europe.
6. A show at the GB Shaw Theatre is a must. The programme includes a wide variety of live music, film, comedy, theatre, opera and dance – fun for all the family.
7. Take a guided tour of Huntington Castle & Dungeon, the ancient seat of the Esmonde family & today one of Irelands historical treasures. Free for children under 7.
9. Try roller skating in Kiddies Kingdom, Bagnelstown where skates & safety gear are provided.
10. Go for a splash outdoors at Bagnelstown Outdoor Heated Swimming Pool open daily from June-August.
If you have a favourite place or activity that you think should be on our list, drop us an email and we'll be happy to add.