Planning a visit to Waterford?
The Mykidstime.ie Top 10 Things to Do in Waterford
- The newly restored magnificent Bishop’s Palace – follow the story of Waterford city and its people from 1700 up to 1970. Take a breather and relax in the stunning gardens surrounding the Bishop’s Palace, which are based on a design by celebrity gardener Diarmuid Gavin. Guided tours available
- Browse some books at The Book Centre, a fab book store with a great kids’ reading area and free facepainting on Saturdays between 3.30 and 4.30 p.m, where you can enjoy a coffee while browsing the books
- Waterford Bowl has indoor lane bowling and also Kidzone play area
- Get the togs ready and head for Splashworld, the biggest indoor waterpark in the South East!
- Runamuck has an indoor play area and cafe where you can let the kids run wild
- How about a game of Glow in the Dark Golf at Pirates Adventure? Family adventure Centre in Tramore with mini bowling, mini golf, electric motor cycles and bouncy castles
- Dungarvan Castle dates from the 12th Century and includes an informative exhibition on the history of the castle. Admission is free.
- Copper Coast Mini Farm – family run pet farm near Tramore with indoor and outdoor facilities, wheelchair and buggy accessible, sandpits with diggers etc for children to play with
- Head to the beach, Tramore Beach or Dunmore East both 20mins from the city
- Take a train trip along the Waterford and Suir Valley Railway. This is a fantastic, fun trip for the whole family on this restored train along 17 km of track which runs beside the Suir river. Refreshments and souvenirs available at the station.