It’s almost that time of year, summer camp time, schools will soon be out and it is time to get looking and booking summer camps for kids and teens for Summer 2018. We’ve done some research on summer camps for kids in Ireland and have details below about some of the best local summer camps for kids. Keep checking back as we’ll be adding new camps all the time! And we also have Teen Summer Camp information rounded up.
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free?
Multi-location Summer Camps for Kids
Bricks 4 Kids LEGO Themed Summer Camps
Bricks 4 Kidz teaches Science, Technology Engineering and Maths (STEM) using LEGO. They have a number of camp options depending on age and location;
- Junior Builders camp (3-5 years)
- Motorised LEGO Technic camp (5-12 years)
- Robotics and Coding camp (8-14 years)
- Computer Game Design camp (8-14 years).
Their camps are very popular amongst both girls and boys. Bricks 4 Kidz is part of global franchise network that operates across 45 countries.
Location: 9 counties – Dublin, Galway, Waterford, Wicklow, Wexford, Louth, Meath, Donegal and Kilkenny
Times: 5 days, 9am-12 noon or 2pm-5pm
Ages: 3 – 16 years
Cost: €99 – €125 (depending on activity)
STARCAMP is Ireland’s award winning No 1 performing, fun and games Summer Camp. It promises to offer the absolute best, most exciting and varied Summer camp experience to date and you will not want your child to miss it.
STARCAMP is aimed at all boys and girls aged 4-12, and it is so much more than a performing arts camp. Born from a desire to instill confidence in children, STARCAMP offers a mind blowing array of activities for both boys and girls including a superhero masterclass taught by real superheroes, lots of new camp games, a daily arts & crafts section, fun news & weather reporting, and of course singing, dancing and drama. The week is scattered with new and exciting surprises with a theme of “kindness” and there is a Friday finale showcase where all are welcome. All STARCAMPERS receive a free t-shirt, star award, kindness card, arts and crafts and some surprises too.
Learn-It Lego Education Summer Camps
Learn It Lego Education Summer Camps cover a variety of different themes such as Robotics, Mechanics Engineering, Construction, Science and Creativity. Camps are taking place in Clare, Cork, Dublin, Galway, Kerry, Kildare, Limerick, Louth, Kilkenny, Tipperary, Waterford, Westmeath, Wicklow at various locations throughout each city and county.
Click here to find a Learn It Lego Summer Camp near you. They have 3 different camps: Junior Engineers (6-8yrs) summer camps, Senior Engineers Summer Camps (9-12yrs) and Senior Robotics Summer Camps (11+ yrs).
Other National Summer Camps for Kids In Ireland
- Athletics Ireland offer kids the opportunity to come along and try a range of fun athletics activities in July and August. Camps run in Dublin, Mayo, Cork, Donegal, Kilkenny, Louth, Carlow, Waterford, Tipperary, Meath and Galway.
- Whizzkids Discover IT Summer Camps are for kids aged 8 to 17 and mix indoor and outdoor action, with sports, code breaking & web design so kids have a fun & varied day. Camps take place during July and August in various locations across the country in top level universities and 3rd level institutions, thus giving kids access to great facilities. Camps run in DCU, UCD, Cork, Clonmel, Limerick, Galway, Maynooth & Tralee.
- The Michaela Foundation Girls’ Summer Camps are for girls ages 11 to 13 years and offer them a week of fun filled activities. The camps take place in Antrim, Armagh, Cavan, Derry, Donegal, Down, Fermanagh, Kildare, Mayo, Tyrone, Sligo, Dublin Monaghan, Louth.
- FAI Summer Soccer School and Kelloggs GAA Cul Camps take place in every county in Ireland
- Createschool run music and animation courses for kids and teens in various locations
- Starcamp run drama and music camps for kids and teens across the country
Summer Camps for Kids in Connacht
Delphi Adventure Summer Camps, Leenane, Co. Galway
Give your kids a fun-filled experience they’ll never forget. Is there anything your kids love more than an adventure? There’s no playground in the world that can match what Ireland’s great outdoors has to offer. With over 35 years of experience, Delphi have developed Adventure Camps to nurture and encourage children and teenagers to:
- support one another
- work in teams
- develop their self-confidence
- grow in self-belief through adventure in the outdoors.
With this in mind there is no doubt that Delphi Resort will be an unforgettable experience that your child will carry with them into the future. Campers will get to experience an array of challenging and fun activities in what is one of the most beautiful adventure playgrounds in Ireland.
So why not let your kids (aged 8-17 years) ‘go wild’ in a safe and full supervised environment for up to a week at Ireland’s leading adventure resort? Send them for a few days away and you could be looking at the next Bear Grylls or future BMX biking champ.
They will be zip-lining, climbing, kayaking, and much more while making lifetime memories and new friendships. For added peace of mind, you can rest assured knowing that safety is paramount at Delphi Resort. Your kids will be fed and watered 3 times a day and given all the safety equipment they need – at no extra cost to you. 24 hour supervision is provided by fully trained and qualified staff who have been Garda vetted.
Adventure Camps will run on selected dates from 8th July – 12th August 2018, and you can choose from a 7, 5 or 3 day residential camp or just book in for one day. Click here to book now*! Or call +353 (0)95 42208 for more information.
*1st 2 weeks of Delphi Resort Summer Camps Sold Out
Brigits Garden Summer Camps, Roscahill, Co Galway
Brigit’s Garden offers an excellent opportunity for children to get out of the house and into the great outdoors during the summer. The Celtic Gardens, woodlands and meadows provide a unique setting for kids to explore the wonders of nature, guided by experienced staff. Brigit’s Garden camps will give your kids a special experience and a lifetime of memories.
- Fun with Nature Camp for 5 – 7 year olds Nature Games, Bug Hunts, Arts & Crafts and loads more fun. 5 day camps starting July 16th & 23rd and August 13th 2018, camps run Monday to Friday 10am – 1:30pm.
- Survival Skills Camp for 8 – 12 year olds Make a Natural Hut, Cook food outdoors, Tracking Games, Bug Hunts, Teamwork & Leadership skills and much more. 5 day camps starting July 16th & 23rd and August 13th, 2018, camps run Monday to Friday 10am – 1:30pm
GAP (Galway Autism Partnership) Summer Camps for Kids & Teens
Galway Autism Partnership is a community based-charity that provides supports for individuals and families living with autism in Galway city and county. For the past 7 years, GAP has offered high-quality, safe and accessible Summer Camps to members aged 3 – 17 years.
GAP aims to offer a wide range of accessible and inclusive Summer Camps for children and young people with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their siblings throughout Galway city and county.
All of our Camps are subject to Volunteer and Facilitator availability. Application forms are now available – contact the GAP office on 091 5888 99 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form.
Spaces are limited so please don’t delay!
Camps on Offer from GAP:
- Tech Teens June 18th to 22nd (mornings) ages 13 to 18 years
- Tech Teens June 25th to 29th (afternoons) ages 13 to 18 years
- Kids Summer Camp for children with complex needs 2nd to 7th July (mornings) for children ages 7 to 12 years
- Kids Summer Camp for chlldren with lower support needs 2nd to 7th July (afternoons) for children ages 7 to 12 years
- Super Siblings Camp 9th to 13th & 16th to 20th July (afternoons) for children ages 6 to 12 years
- Venture Out (mornings) 16th to 20th July for ages 13 to 18 years
- Junior Summer Camps 16th to 20th July (mornings) for children ages 3 to 6 years
- Kids Summer Camp Mixed Group 23rd to 27th (mornings) in Tuam for children ages 7 to 12 years
- Ostrich Social Skills Camp promoting social skills through art & drama is suitable for children with low support needs and their siblings. It takes place from July 30th to August 3rd 9am to 12pm and is for children ages 7 to 12 years. Closing date for applications is July 25th by 5pm.
- Junior Summer Camps 7th to 10th & 13th to 17th & 20th to 24th August (mornings) for children ages 3 to 6 years
- Kids Summer Camps Mixed Group 7th to 10th & 20th to 24th (afternoons) for children ages 7 to 12 years
- Venture Out (mornings) 13th to 17th August for teens ages 13 to 18 years with complex needs
- Junior Summer Camp Tuam 13th to 17th August (mornings) for children ages 3 to 6 years
- Kids Summer Camps Mixed Group 20th to 24th (mornings) Tuam for children ages 7 to 12 years
Power Soccer Summer Camps, Galway & Mayo
Power Soccer School of Excellence provides excellent soccer coaching for boys and girls in Galway and Mayo, training indoors from September to June and outdoors for Summer Camps in July and August.
Boys and girls aged 3yrs up can join Power Soccer School of Excellence! The Little Kickers camp is for 3-4 yrs and runs Mon-Fri from 12 – 2 pm. The Mini Kickers is for 5-6 yrs and runs Mon-Fri from 10 am – 12 pm. The Main Camps are for 6+yrs, and run from 10 am-2 pm Mon-Fri.
Other Fun Summer Camps for Kids in Connacht
- Galway Atlantaquaria run Marine Science camps for kids
- Rusheen Bay offer watersports camps for kids and teens from June to August.
- Horizon Ireland are based in Westport and have summer camps for kids and teens including specialist camps for Tennis, Golf, Horse riding, Surfing, Drama, Watersports, Rugby, and Multi-Activity and Language Summer Camps in French, Spanish and English.
- Roscommon Equestrian Centre run Summer Pony Camps for kids and teens of all ages and ability levels.
- Lough Allen Adventure offer water and land based summer camps for kids and teens in Leitrim. Camps run for half or full days and can be booked by day or week.
- Scholastic Languages offer Irish Speaking multi-activity summer camps in Leitrim and Sligo. Summer Camps are available for both primary and secondary level students.
- Healthy Cooking Camps for Kids at GMIT teaching children how to create healthy meals including healthy desserts. The camps are a fully hands on experience and with an ‘eat what you make’ policy no-one will go hungry.
- Bio-EXPLORERS Science Camps Have loads of fun and excitement working as a real scientist in NUI Galway. Suitable for 8-13 year-olds. This exciting and educational camp is packed with amazing and awesome activities such as bug hunting, local and exotic creepy crawlies, understanding how cells work and performing captivating scientific experiments. The camp aims to inspire an interest in science by engaging children in interactive, hands-on activities. Three dates available in July.
- The Confidence Clinic Kids Summer Camps for ages 7-12 years are all about helping children to live their best life. It is 6 hours a day for 4 days – 24 hours filled with the best children’s self improvement techniques available, we will be including games, yoga, fun lessons, mindfulness and guided meditations. Most of the camp will be outdoors weather permitting. Camp takes place in Salthill GAA Club 21-24th August 2018
- Toodleou Summer Camps take place at Toodleou Creativity Lab in Oranmore during July and August for 4-7 year olds, 5-10 year olds and 8-12 year olds, depending upon the week. Spend the day exploring science, conducting experiments, drawing in sketchbooks, painting, sculpting, collaging and more. Bring your imagination for a week’s worth of exploration, experimentation, creation and fun!
Summer Camps for Kids in Leinster
Alliance-Française French Summer Courses
Get the kids out of bed this summer with the Alliance Française’s French Summer Camps! We are open all summer long from the beginning of June until the end of August with programmes available every week or every two weeks! Learn and have fun with the experts. Camps take place Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 2pm.
- La Mer
- Le Cirque & la Musique
- La Cuisisine francaise
- Film d’animation
All children are welcome up to 10 years, whatever their level of French! Children will be split into 2 groups ages 4-6 yrs and 7-10 yrs. Register for 2 camps or more and receive a 10% discount on the second camp!
The Alliance Française Summer camps run weekly from June 5th to August 24th 2018 at Allicance Francaise, 1 Kildare Street, Dublin 2.
Teen Summer Camps are also available for teens wishing to improve on classes already attended in secondary school or in preparation for beginning 1st year French. Classes run for 2 weeks and take place from June 5th right up to August 24th 2018.
Nore Valley Park Fun Summer Camps, Kilkenny
Nore Valley Park offer fun multi-activity Summer Camps for kids aged 6 to 12 years. Camps take place from 10am to 4pm daily from July 2nd to 6th & July 30th to August 3rd 2018.
Along with making new friends and enjoying all the working farm has to offer, children will take part in activities such as:
- Go Karts
- 3D Maze
- Crazy Golf
- Team Building
- Survival Skills
- Farm Tour
- Feeding Animals
- Treasure Hunt
- Adventure Trail
Savvy Teen Academy Summer Camp
The Savvy Teen Academy offer week long courses helping teens flourish at school / college / work, maximise fun and build a toolbox of skills to help with all areas of their ife. It is not a course based on traditional school curriculum but students will learn and practice skills that are not taught in schools but that are essential to academic and professional success.
Courses run in Dublin from 23rd – 26th July 2018
Gaiety School of Acting Summer Camps
Summer Camps at The Gaiety School of Acting run throughout July and August at the Gaiety School of Acting HQ at Temple Bar and offer a vast variety of fun and creative performing arts camps for ages 4 to 18 years. This year they have a wide range of themed camps across all genres of Musical Theatre, Film-making and Acting.
So whether your kids are crazy about Paw Patrol or Moana, High School Musical or Wicked, there is something in our vast programme to suit every interest or level.
For the more advanced teenage actor, there are a variety of courses to challenge and enthrall, including a three week course Triple Threat Intensive, Irish Theatre Course, Acting for Camera and Casting Call, in association with Louise Kiely Casting.
Visit www.gaietyschool.com for more information and to book your child/teen’s place.
Summer Camps at The Ark Dublin
Summer camps at The Ark Dublin this year include:
Make A Play in A Week! Summer Drama Camp for kids aged 9-12 at The Ark Dublin Week 1 Monday 9 – Friday 13 July and Week 2 Monday 16 – Friday 20 July 10am-3pm each day €160/€145. Join theatre artists Maisie Lee and Marie Ruane for a week of theatrical fun where you will discover how to put a play together from scratch! You will explore the world of theatre and production, learning about all of the elements of creating a show – from acting to lighting, sound to poster design. The week will culminate in a short performance combining everything learned over the week for your family and friends.
Summer Drama Camp for kids aged 6-8 runs Monday 23-Friday 27 July 10am-1pm each day €125/€115 Things are getting dramatic this summer! Join us for a fun and creative week of drama based play theatre artists Maisie Lee and Marie Ruane. The week will focus on theatre games and performance skills in the fantastic surroundings of The Ark’s theatre. You will unleash your imagination in fun improvisation activities, build up your confidence for being on stage and make lots of new friends!
There’s a Lego Animation Camp for ages 9-12 taking place Monday 30 July-Friday 3 August 10am-3pm each day €160/€145. Createschool is back at The Ark this summer with a brilliant five-day stop motion animation summer camp using the theme of Myths and Legends! Come along and learn how to make an awesome set, write a great short story and then turn it into a script. You will fine tune your animation skills and then film the results, adding cool sound effects and voice recordings for your characters. The camp will be focused on developing your animation skills through hands-on learning and is perfect for beginners and seasoned stop motion film makers alike.
For parents of smallies, the Seedlings Early Years Workshops for ages 2-4 take place on Thursday 5 and Saturday 7 July, and on Thursday 2nd & Saturday 4 August, €11.50/€8.50 These visual art workshops will offer opportunities to explore materials in playful and engaging activities, ideal for getting little ones (and their grown-ups!) imagining and creating together. With The Ark’s Early Years Artist in Residence, Lucy Hill.
Roll up, roll up this summer as we join forces with Street Theatre Ireland for these dynamic day-long workshops for children aged 9-12 to learn from circus artists and enjoy a fun, action packed programme including juggling, balancing, hula hooping, wire walking skills and circus make up.
Suitable for children of all levels of experience – including complete beginners – the artists will guide participants through the basics of the skills in four classes before everyone gets the opportunity to present what they’ve learnt in a circus show for the rest of the group at the end of the day. Camps run daily from 10am to 3pm from August 8th to 11th
dlr Mill Theatre Performing Arts Summer Camps
Running for the month of July kids and teens taking part in a performing arts summer camp at dlr Mill Theatre will get an insight in to musical theatre while making loads of new friends.
The exciting themed, week-long camp will immerse students in a high-energy, intensive, day-long learning experience consisting of instruction in acting, singing, and dancing. By focusing on process and technique-based coaching by local and UK-based professionals, students will experience the collaborative nature of theatre at its most thrilling. A culminating presentation of the material worked on will be presented on the Mill Theatre stage on Friday afternoon at 2pm for family and friends. (free of charge, no booking required)
- Wk 1 : Potts Meets the Wizards (Harry Potter week)
- Wk 2 : The Fox and the Fantastics (Fantastic Mr Fox week)
- Wk 3 : A Revolting Campus (Matilda week)
- Wk 4: Schools out! (Camp of Rock week)
Dates: Monday 2nd July to Friday 27th July
Times: 10am – 3pm
Ages: 4-6yrs/ 7-9yrs/ 10-12yrs / 13-15yrs
Price: €110 per week – 10% sibling discount / 10% multiple weeks discount
Summer Camps at Imaginosity
Imaginosity has fun filled camps running during July and August, catering for children aged 4-6 years (from 9am-1pm), and 7-9 years with a slightly extended day (from 9am-2.30pm). All camps will have their own weekly theme, and will be jam packed with arts & crafts, science, music, engineering supervised museum exploration and much more!
July Summer Camps at Imaginosity
- 2nd – 6th Slimy Science
- 9th – 13th Star Wars
- 16th – 20th Harry Potter
- 23rd – 27th Music In Motion
- 30th – 3rd August Incredibles 2
August Summer Camps at Imaginosity
- 6th to 10th Art Attack
- 13th – 17th Slime Factory
- 20th -24th Dinosaurs
- 27th – 31st Curiosity
Places are limited so book early to avoid disappointment.
Trinity Walton Club STEM Summer Camps
Trinity College Dublin’s Trinity Walton Club has exciting STEM summer camps that kids from 13-17 years of age are sure to love. They can enjoy a week of designing, collaborating and learning, all while making new discoveries, making stuff and making friends.
There are STEM camps for all secondary school students (the junior camps are for pre-junior certificate students and the senior camps are for post-junior certificate students).
- 11th-15th June or 16th -20th July (for pre-Junior Cert students)
- 25th – 29th June or 16th – 20th July (for post-junior cert students)
Further information is available HERE but act fast as spaces are given on a first-come, first-served basis only!
Science Summer Camps with Junior Einsteins
Junior Einsteins run hands on science summer camps at multiple locations in Leinster. Children get to make and take home something most days including their own slime, fossils, model gliders, rainbow glasses and more! They wear Lab coats and goggles and take part in outdoor fun too including; Bug Hunts, Rocket Races, Dinosaur Digs. All camps are run by qualified scientists who have been Garda vetted and are fully insured.
Camps are suitable for children aged 6 to 11 years and run from Monday to Friday 9am to 2pm daily.
Dates & Locations
- Monday 2nd July – Friday 6th July :Glenageary, Killiney & Swords
- Monday 9th July – Friday 13th July : Howth & Dunboyne & Maynooth
- Monday 16th July – Friday 20th July : Greystones & Malahide
- Monday 23rd July – Friday 27th July : Knocklyon & Naas
- Monday 30th July – Friday 3rd August; Glenageary & Swords & Maynooth
- Monday 6th August – Friday 10th August : Killiney & Celbridge
- Monday 13th August – 17th August: Greystones, Malahide & Naas
- Monday 20th – 24th August: Dunboyne & Knocklyon & Howth
How to Book: Online at www.junioreinsteinsscienceclub.com click ‘Book Camp’ Cost €145 per week.
Camps fill up fast so please book early to avoid disappointment
Summer Camps at Cool Planet Experience
Become an Agent of Change to save the planet and have fun doing it! The Climate Super Hereos Academy from 10am – 2.30pm daily is suitable for 7-9 year olds with each day focusing on a different theme. Inspire your child to #bet;hechange to help save the planet.
Cost €135 for all 5 days or €35 for one day (additional sibling €130/€30)
Dates:June 18th to 22nd & July 2nd to 6th.
Limited spaces available, please visit website for more information
Other Summer Camps in Leinster
- Canoe Ireland run kayaking summer camps during July and August. They have Junior, Senior and Advanced camps.
- The School of Irish Archaeology have Archaeology Camps for ages 7 to 12 in Harold’s Cross and Malahide.
- Lisduff Adventure Centre in Laois have an activity based Summer Camp for kids of all ages running in July and August.
- Pine Forest Arts Centre offer Art Summer Camps for children aged 5 to 16 years.
- The Chester Beatty Library have fun workshops for kids and teens running over the Summer Holidays.
- The Craft Corner run Summer Arts & Crafts Camps for kids in Kildare.
- CRYS offer Carlow Community Summer Camps for kids aged 5 to 12 years in various venues in Carlow.
- The Watershed Kilkenny offer summer camps for kids throughout the summer. They have dedicated swim camps and multi-activity camps on offer.
- Pure Adventure Kilkenny offer kayaking summer camps for kids and teens during July and August.
- Causey Farm in Meath run multi-activity summer camps for kids aged 5 to 13 years. They offer a bus service from Navan too.
- Bracken Arts 2018 Summer Art Adventures Camps during July at Gorey School of Art in Gorey, Co. Wexford for children age 5-10 years. All quality art materials included.
- J4K Mid Ireland Goalkeeper camp for 8 to 14 year olds in Moate Community School Astros, Moate, Co Westmeath runs from 13th to 15th August
- Playball Summer Camps for kids 4 – 10yrs, fun active Sports Camp taking place in Firhouse Community Centre, Dublin 23, Dunboyne Community Centre, Co. Meath,
Merrion Cricket Club, Anglesea Road, Dublin 4 and ‘All Saints Church Hall’ Raheny, Dublin 5 during July & August
- Nova’s European Youth Cultural Project encourages children and teens from all nationalities to freely develop their creativity in a safe and supportive environment
Any child aged 11 to 17 can take part in the project which runs for 3 consecutive weeks during July at the Firhouse Community Centre.
- The Confidence Clinic Kids Summer Camps for ages 7-12 years are all about helping children to live their best life. It is 6 hours a day for 4 days – 24 hours filled with the best children’s self improvement techniques available, we will be including games, yoga, fun lessons, mindfulness and guided meditations. Most of the camp will be outdoors weather permitting. Camps take place in Skerries Harps GAA Club, 10-13th July 2018, Malahide Rugby Club 16-20th July and Naomh Olaf GAA Club, Sandyford 7-10th August 2018, Kilkenny location TBC, 23rd- 26th July 2018
- Viking Summer Camp at Dublin Castle Mon 16 – Thu 19 July 10am – 1pm each day. 4-day summer camp for kids aged 8-12 years. Each day the group will explore a different aspect of Viking life through games, art, and other activities. It will include a visit to the castle’s Medieval Undercroft to see one of Dublin’s only remaining Viking walls. The activities will be both indoor and outdoor. Children should bring a snack, wetgear and suncream each day. More information will be emailed on to participants in due course.
Summer Camps for Kids in Munster
There are loads of summer camps to choose from each summer at glór in Ennis. Camps will run during July and August and are available to book online. Camps this year include:
- Aerial Workshops on July 4th & 5th for ages 5 to 13+
- Build an Interactive Animal on July 4th for ages 12 to 16 years
- Starcamp on 9th to 13th July for ages 4 to 12 years
- Ballet Ireland Summer School on 23rd to 27th July for all levels, even beginners with no dance training and aged 6+
Savvy Teen Academy Summer Camp
The Savvy Teen Academy offer courses helping teens flourish at school, college or work, maximise fun and build a toolbox of skills to help with all areas of their life. It is not a course based on traditional school curriculum but students will learn and practice skills that are not taught in schools but that are essential to academic and professional success.
Courses run in Cork from 16th-19th July 2018
Other Munster Summer Camps
Art and Craft Summer Camps
- The Hunt Museum run children’s art summer camps
Sport Summer Camps
- Premier Sports Coaching have summer camps in Tipperary locations for ages 4+.
- Star Outdoors in Kerry have water and land based summer camps running during July and August.
- Kingdom Waves run fun surf summer camps at Inch Beach and Banna Strand throughout the summer.
- Get West Limerick run kayaking summer camps throughout the summer months.
- Nevsail have watersports summer camps running in Kilkee during July and August.
- WIT Arena offer sports skills and multi-activity summer camps to teens and kids during July and August.
- De La Salle College Waterford offer sports summer camps for kids aged 7 to 13 years. The camps cover a range of different sports including swimming and indoor and outdoor activities.
- Inspireland Creative Arts Summer Camp for kids and teens 9-16 years take place in July at Limerick School of Art & Design and Hotel Doolin, Co. Clare
Other Fun Summer Camps
- Techkidz offer multi-activity computer summer camps for kids ages 7 to 14 years in Cork, Kerry, Limerick, Waterford and Tipperary.
- Gortbrack Organic Farm & Kerry Earth Education Project host fun food foraging and wildlife summer camps during June, July and August.
- The Burren Education Centre have adventure summer camps for kids and teens running in July and August.
- Kerry Nature Play Summer Camp at Gortbrack Organic Farm, Tralee, Co Kerry.
July 10th to 13th (Tuesday to Friday), 10.00 to 2.00 each day, for 4-8 year olds.
Outdoor play, nature art, animal care, gardening, games, pond and bog fun and much more!
- Grow Cook Eat Summer Camps at Grow HQ in Ardkeen, Waterford take place in July. Children will learn to grow in the veg garden and then cook up the harvest in a seasonal cookery demo. Each day they will eat delicious, seasonal food that they’ve harvested and cooked themselves. Fun, educational and tasty with lots of goodies to take home. Suitable for children aged 6-12. Bring appropriate footwear and clothing, it might get messy!
- The Confidence Clinic Kids Summer Camps for ages 7-12 years are all about helping children to live their best life. It is 6 hours a day for 4 days – 24 hours filled with the best children’s self improvement techniques available, we will be including games, yoga, fun lessons, mindfulness and guided meditations. Most of the camp will be outdoors weather permitting. Camp takes place in Nemo Rangers GAA Club, Douglas 13-16th August 2018
Summer Camps for Kids in Ulster
- Garden Outdoor and Education Training Centre in Donegal offer outdoor adventure summer camps for kids and teens with a ‘mad mix’ of activities for all to enjoy.
- The Donegal Adventure Centre in Bundoran offer Multi-Activity Summer Camps for kids with a range of existing sports including surfing, high ropes, archery, art, kayaking, music and more. Camps can be booked by day, week or monthly!
- Tanagh Outdoor Education and Training Centre have fun multi-activity summer camps for kids and teens from aged 9 to 17 years. The camps take place in Cavan and Monaghan
- Bricks4Kidz Lego Summer camps in Donegal teach the principles of Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) for kids aged 5-12. Camps run in different locations across Donegal during the months of July and August.
Tips for Summer Camps
Mykidstime is run by parents and we have also compiled our Top 10 Tips for Summer Camps, based on our experience! Things like checking whether they need a drink or snack with them or what the procedure is at pick up time. Each camp provider should have a child protection policy in place. Ask other parents for opinions on camps if it’s your child’s first summer camp year.
If you know of a local camp that we don’t have listed, please comment below or if you are a camp provider and would like your camp listed on here, drop us an email.