It’s almost that time of year, summer camp time, schools will soon be out and it is time to get looking and booking summer camps for kids and teens for Summer 2018. We’ve done some research on summer camps for kids in Ireland and have details below about some of the best local summer camps for kids. Keep checking back as we’ll be adding new camps all the time! And we also have Teen Summer Camp information rounded up.
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free?
Multi-location Summer Camps for Kids
STARCAMP is Ireland’s award winning No 1 performing, fun and games Summer Camp. It promises to offer the absolute best, most exciting and varied Summer camp experience to date and you will not want your child to miss it.
STARCAMP is aimed at all boys and girls aged 4-12, and it is so much more than a performing arts camp. Born from a desire to instill confidence in children, STARCAMP offers a mind blowing array of activities for both boys and girls including a superhero masterclass taught by real superheroes, lots of new camp games, a daily arts & crafts section, fun news & weather reporting, and of course singing, dancing and drama. The week is scattered with new and exciting surprises with a theme of “kindness” and there is a Friday finale showcase where all are welcome. All STARCAMPERS receive a free t-shirt, star award, kindness card, arts and crafts and some surprises too.
Learn-It Lego Education Summer Camps
Learn It Lego Education Summer Camps cover a variety of different themes such as Robotics, Mechanics Engineering, Construction, Science and Creativity. Camps are taking place in Clare, Cork, Dublin, Galway, Kerry, Kildare, Limerick, Louth, Kilkenny, Tipperary, Waterford, Westmeath, Wicklow at various locations throughout each city and county.
Click here to find a Learn It Lego Summer Camp near you. They have 3 different camps: Junior Engineers (6-8yrs) summer camps, Senior Engineers Summer Camps (9-12yrs) and Senior Robotics Summer Camps (11+ yrs).
Other National Summer Camps for Kids In Ireland
- Athletics Ireland offer kids the opportunity to come along and try a range of fun athletics activities in July and August. Camps run in Dublin, Mayo, Cork, Donegal, Kilkenny, Louth, Carlow, Waterford, Tipperary, Meath and Galway.
- Whizzkids Discover IT Summer Camps are for kids aged 8 to 17 and mix indoor and outdoor action, with sports, code breaking & web design so kids have a fun & varied day. Camps take place during July and August in various locations across the country in top level universities and 3rd level institutions, thus giving kids access to great facilities. Camps run in DCU, UCD, Cork, Clonmel, Limerick, Galway, Maynooth & Tralee.
- The Michaela Foundation Girls’ Summer Camps are for girls ages 11 to 13 years and offer them a week of fun filled activities. The camps take place in Antrim, Armagh, Cavan, Derry, Donegal, Down, Fermanagh, Kildare, Mayo, Tyrone, Sligo, Dublin Monaghan, Louth.
- FAI Summer Soccer School and Kelloggs GAA Cul Camps take place in every county in Ireland
- Createschool run music and animation courses for kids and teens in various locations
- Starcamp run drama and music camps for kids and teens across the country
Summer Camps for Kids in Connacht
Delphi Adventure Summer Camps, Leenane, Co. Galway
Give your kids a fun-filled experience they’ll never forget. Is there anything your kids love more than an adventure? There’s no playground in the world that can match what Ireland’s great outdoors has to offer. With over 35 years of experience, Delphi have developed Adventure Camps to nurture and encourage children and teenagers to:
- support one another
- work in teams
- develop their self-confidence
- grow in self-belief through adventure in the outdoors.
With this in mind there is no doubt that Delphi Resort will be an unforgettable experience that your child will carry with them into the future. Campers will get to experience an array of challenging and fun activities in what is one of the most beautiful adventure playgrounds in Ireland.
So why not let your kids (aged 8-17 years) ‘go wild’ in a safe and full supervised environment for up to a week at Ireland’s leading adventure resort? Send them for a few days away and you could be looking at the next Bear Grylls or future BMX biking champ.
They will be zip-lining, climbing, kayaking, and much more while making lifetime memories and new friendships. For added peace of mind, you can rest assured knowing that safety is paramount at Delphi Resort. Your kids will be fed and watered 3 times a day and given all the safety equipment they need – at no extra cost to you. 24 hour supervision is provided by fully trained and qualified staff who have been Garda vetted.
Adventure Camps will run on selected dates from 8th July – 12th August 2018, and you can choose from a 7, 5 or 3 day residential camp or just book in for one day. Click here to book now! Or call +353 (0)95 42208 for more information.
10% early bird discount on all bookings made by April 27th. Just quote Mykidstime when you book
Brigits Garden Summer Camps, Roscahill, Co Galway
Brigit’s Garden offers an excellent opportunity for children to get out of the house and into the great outdoors during the summer. The Celtic Gardens, woodlands and meadows provide a unique setting for kids to explore the wonders of nature, guided by experienced staff. Brigit’s Garden camps will give your kids a special experience and a lifetime of memories.
- Fun with Nature Camp for 5 – 7 year olds Nature Games, Bug Hunts, Arts & Crafts and loads more fun. 5 day camps starting July 16th & 23rd and August 13th 2018, camps run Monday to Friday 10am – 1:30pm.
- Survival Skills Camp for 8 – 12 year olds Make a Natural Hut, Cook food outdoors, Tracking Games, Bug Hunts, Teamwork & Leadership skills and much more. 5 day camps starting July 16th & 23rd and August 13th, 2018, camps run Monday to Friday 10am – 1:30pm
Power Soccer Summer Camps, Galway & Mayo
Power Soccer School of Excellence provides excellent soccer coaching for boys and girls in Galway and Mayo, training indoors from September to June and outdoors for Summer Camps in July and August.
Boys and girls aged 3yrs up can join Power Soccer School of Excellence! The Little Kickers camp is for 3-4 yrs and runs Mon-Fri from 12 – 2 pm. The Mini Kickers is for 5-6 yrs and runs Mon-Fri from 10 am – 12 pm. The Main Camps are for 6+yrs, and run from 10 am-2 pm Mon-Fri.
Other Fun Summer Camps for Kids in Connacht
- Galway Atlantaquaria run Marine Science camps for kids
- Rusheen Bay offer watersports camps for kids and teens from June to August.
- Horizon Ireland are based in Westport and have summer camps for kids and teens including specialist camps for Tennis, Golf, Horse riding, Surfing, Drama, Watersports, Rugby, and Multi-Activity and Language Summer Camps in French, Spanish and English.
- Roscommon Equestrian Centre run Summer Pony Camps for kids and teens of all ages and ability levels.
- Lough Allen Adventure offer water and land based summer camps for kids and teens in Leitrim. Camps run for half or full days and can be booked by day or week.
- Scholastic Languages offer Irish Speaking multi-activity summer camps in Leitrim and Sligo. Summer Camps are available for both primary and secondary level students.
Summer Camps for Kids in Leinster
Alliance-Française French Summer Courses
Get the kids out of bed this summer with the Alliance Française’s French Summer Camps! We are open all summer long from the beginning of June until the end of August with programmes available every week or every two weeks! Learn and have fun with the experts. Camps take place Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 2pm.
- La Mer
- Le Cirque & la Musique
- La Cuisisine francaise
- Film d’animation
All children are welcome up to 10 years, whatever their level of French! Children will be split into 2 groups ages 4-6 yrs and 7-10 yrs. Register for 2 camps or more and receive a 10% discount on the second camp!
The Alliance Française Summer camps run weekly from June 5th to August 24th 2018 at Allicance Francaise, 1 Kildare Street, Dublin 2.
Teen Summer Camps are also available for teens wishing to improve on classes already attended in secondary school or in preparation for beginning 1st year French. Classes run for 2 weeks and take place from June 5th right up to August 24th 2018.
Nore Valley Park Fun Summer Camps, Kilkenny
Nore Valley Park offer fun multi-activity Summer Camps for kids aged 6 to 12 years. Camps take place from 10am to 4pm daily from July 2nd to 6th & July 30th to August 3rd 2018.
Along with making new friends and enjoying all the working farm has to offer, children will take part in activities such as:
- Go Karts
- 3D Maze
- Crazy Golf
- Team Building
- Survival Skills
- Farm Tour
- Feeding Animals
- Treasure Hunt
- Adventure Trail
Savvy Teen Academy Summer Camp
The Savvy Teen Academy offer week long courses helping teens flourish at school / college / work, maximise fun and build a toolbox of skills to help with all areas of their ife. It is not a course based on traditional school curriculum but students will learn and practice skills that are not taught in schools but that are essential to academic and professional success.
Courses run in Dublin from 23rd – 16th July 2018
Other Summer Camps in Leinster
- Imaginosity has fun filled camps running throughout the summer holidays this year, catering for children aged 4-6 years (from 9am-1pm), and 7-8 years with a slightly extended day (from 9am-2.30pm). All camps will have their own weekly theme, and will be jam packed with arts & crafts, science, music, engineering supervised museum exploration and much more!
- Canoe Ireland run kayaking summer camps during July and August. They have Junior, Senior and Advanced camps.
- The School of Irish Archaeology have Archaeology Camps for ages 7 to 12 in Harold’s Cross.
- Lisduff Adventure Centre in Laois have an activity based Summer Camp for kids of all ages running in July and August.
- Pine Forest Arts Centre offer Art Summer Camps for children aged 5 to 16 years.
- The Chester Beatty Library have fun workshops for kids and teens running over the Summer Holidays.
- The Craft Corner run Summer Arts & Crafts Camps for kids in Kildare.
- CRYS offer Carlow Community Summer Camps for kids aged 5 to 12 years in various venues in Carlow.
- The Watershed Kilkenny offer summer camps for kids throughout the summer. They have dedicated swim camps and multi-activity camps on offer.
- Pure Adventure Kilkenny offer kayaking summer camps for kids and teens during July and August.
- Causey Farm in Meath run multi-activity summer camps for kids aged 5 to 13 years. They offer a bus service from Navan too.
Summer Camps for Kids in Munster
There are loads of summer camps to choose from each summer at glór in Ennis. Camps will run during July and August and are available to book online when dates have been finalised.
Savvy Teen Academy Summer Camp
The Savvy Teen Academy offer courses helping teens flourish at school, college or work, maximise fun and build a toolbox of skills to help with all areas of their life. It is not a course based on traditional school curriculum but students will learn and practice skills that are not taught in schools but that are essential to academic and professional success.
Courses run in Cork from 16th-19th July 2018
Other Munster Summer Camps
Art and Craft Summer Camps
- The Hunt Museum run children’s art summer camps
Sport Summer Camps
- Premier Sports Coaching have summer camps in Tipperary locations for ages 4+.
- Star Outdoors in Kerry have water and land based summer camps running during July and August.
- Kingdom Waves run fun surf summer camps at Inch Beach and Banna Strand throughout the summer.
- Get West Limerick run kayaking summer camps throughout the summer months.
- Nevsail have watersports summer camps running in Kilkee during July and August.
- WIT Arena offer sports skills and multi-activity summer camps to teens and kids during July and August.
- De La Salle College Waterford offer sports summer camps for kids aged 7 to 13 years. The camps cover a range of different sports including swimming and indoor and outdoor activities.
Other Fun Summer Camps
- Techkidz offer multi-activity computer summer camps for kids ages 7 to 14 years in Cork, Kerry, Limerick, Waterford and Tipperary.
- Gortbrack Organic Farm & Kerry Earth Education Project host fun food foraging and wildlife summer camps during June, July and August.
- The Burren Education Centre have adventure summer camps for kids and teens running in July and August.
Summer Camps for Kids in Ulster
- Garden Outdoor and Education Training Centre in Donegal offer outdoor adventure summer camps for kids and teens with a ‘mad mix’ of activities for all to enjoy.
- The Donegal Adventure Centre in Bundoran offer Multi-Activity Summer Camps for kids with a range of existing sports including surfing, high ropes, archery, art, kayaking, music and more. Camps can be booked by day, week or monthly!
- Tanagh Outdoor Education and Training Centre have fun multi-activity summer camps for kids and teens from aged 9 to 17 years. The camps take place in Cavan and Monaghan
Tips for Summer Camps
Mykidstime is run by parents and we have also compiled our Top 10 Tips for Summer Camps, based on our experience! Things like checking whether they need a drink or snack with them or what the procedure is at pick up time. Each camp provider should have a child protection policy in place. Ask other parents for opinions on camps if it’s your child’s first summer camp year.
If you know of a local camp that we don’t have listed, please comment below or if you are a camp provider and would like your camp listed on here, drop us an email.