It’s almost that time of year, summer camp time, schools will soon be out and it is time to get looking and booking summer camps for kids and teens for Summer 2017. We’ve done some research on summer camps for kids in Ireland and have details below about some of the best local summer camps for kids. Keep checking back as we’ll be adding new camps all the time! And we also have Teen Summer Camp information rounded up.
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free?
Multi-location Summer Camps for Kids
STARCAMP Drama and Multi-Activity Summer Camps
An award winning STARCAMP performing, fun and games summer camp promises the absolute best, most exciting and varied Summer camp experience to date and you will not want your child to miss it.
Sponsored by Fyffes, STARCAMPS are a favourite with celebs including; Rachel Allen, Pamela Flood, Ramona Nicholas, Alison Curtis and many more.
Camps are for boys and girls aged 4 to 12 years and are so much more than a performing arts camps. Born from a desire to instil confidence in children, STARCAMP offers a mind blowing array of activities for both boys and girls including:
- A superhero masterclass taught by real superheroes
- New camp games
- Daily arts & crafts section
- Fun news & weather reporting
- And of course singing, dancing and drama.
- A Friday finale showcase where all are welcome.
All STARCAMPERS receive a free t-shirt, star award, kindness card, arts and crafts and some surprises too.
Camps take place around the country from 9.30 am to 2.30pm daily and do fill up quickly. So BOOK YOUR PLACE TODAY. Or call 021 4377900 for more information.
Munster Rugby Summer Camps
Munster Rugby Summer Camps take place during July and August in 23 locations throughout Munster. They run daily from 9.30am to 1.30pm and are suitable for both boys and girls aged from 6 to 12 years. Participants are divided by age and will learn basic rugby skills in a fun environment. All coaches are accredited by the I.R.F.U.
Each Munster Rugby Summer Camp participant will receive an official summer camp pack with an Adidas summer camp t-shirt, shorts, socks, bag and mouth guard and a junior ticket for a pre-season game.
Munster Rugby also offer English and Rugby Summer Camps for teens wishing improve their english and rugby skills.
Createschool Workshops (from 8 yrs+)
Createschool presents a range of creative workshops and summer camps for children over the summer months, Including:
- Stop Motion Animation (Brick Flicks)
- Podcast Production
- Digital animation
- iPad training
Let your imagination loose and your ideas take hold, whilst having fun, making friends and creating memories! Create school Camps take place in venues around the country.
Learn-It Lego Education Summer Camps
Learn It Lego Education Summer Camps cover a variety of different themes such as Robotics, Mechanics Engineering, Construction, Science and Creativity. Camps are taking place in Clare, Cork, Dublin, Galway, Kerry, Kildare, Limerick, Louth, Kilkenny, Tipperary, Waterford, Westmeath, Wicklow at various locations throughout each city and county.
Click here to find a Learn It Lego Summer Camp near you. They have 3 different camps: Junior Engineers (6-8yrs) summer camps, Senior Engineers Summer Camps (9-12yrs) and Senior Robotics Summer Camps (11+ yrs).
Other National Summer Camps for Kids In Ireland
- Athletics Ireland offer kids the opportunity to come along and try a range of fun athletics activities in July and August. Camps run in Dublin, Mayo, Cork, Donegal, Kilkenny, Louth, Carlow, Waterford, Tipperary, Meath and Galway.
- Whizzkids Discover IT Summer Camps are for kids aged 8 to 17 and mix indoor and outdoor action, with sports, code breaking & web design so kids have a fun & varied day. Camps take place during July and August in various locations across the country in top level universities and 3rd level institutions, thus giving kids access to great facilities. Camps run in DCU, UCD, Cork, Clonmel, Limerick, Galway, Maynooth & Tralee.
- The Michaela Foundation Girls’ Summer Camps are for girls ages 11 to 13 years and offer them a week of fun filled activities. The camps take place in Antrim, Armagh, Cavan, Derry, Donegal, Down, Fermanagh, Kildare, Mayo, Tyrone, Sligo, Dublin Monaghan, Louth.
- FAI Summer Soccer School and Kelloggs GAA Cul Camps take place in every county in Ireland
Summer Camps for Kids in Connacht
Galway Atlantaquaria Summer Camps
Discover the wonders of science at the Science 4 Summer Camp at the Aquarium in Galway, running in July & August 2017. The camps run from 10am to 3pm and are for ages 8 – 12. Kids will discover the wonders of science at this years Science 4 Summer Camps. They will undertake experiences, design technology and lots more.
If you have a younger child, aged 5 – 7 years, there will be a Science 4 Summer Junior Camp running. This camp will introduce kids to the wonder of science by learning about water, living things and making simple models, rockets and will carry out a seashore safari! Camps will run from 10am to 1pm daily.
Matilda The Musical in 20 minutes – Junior Summer Camp from StageSchool Galway
StageSchool are delighted to offer their junior summer camp for 6-13 yrs olds. it takes place in Scoil Bhride, Shantalla Road, Galway form July 17th to 21st. Straight from the West End, Matilda the Musical, adapted from the book by Roald Dahl and the original play by the Royal Shakespeare Company will be performed in just 20 minutes! Children will learn five songs by Tim Minchin with excerpts from the script by Dennis Kelly.
We will need boys as well as girls for this fantastic opportunity! No audition is required as children will be cast during the workshop, however booking with a deposit is essential.
Workshop places should be booked via StageSchool on 091 556274.
The week long Summer Camp will cost €120, Siblings,€80. A €50 deposit will be required upon booking.
Delphi Adventure Summer Camps, Leenane, Co. Galway
Send your kids on a fun-filled experience they’ll never forget. Adventure Camps at Delphi are the No. 1 Multi-Activity Camp in Ireland for those aged 8 and over and Teen Building Camps for those aged 12 and over. Delphi Adventure Camps are more than just your standard summer camp, they are about meeting challenges head-on, working as a team, increasing confidence and self-belief, as well as having lots of fun and making life lasting memories!
Adventure Camps will run on selected dates from 9th July – 13th August 2017, and you can choose from a 7, 5 or 3 day residential camp or just book in for one day. Click here to book now! Or call (095) 42208 for more information.
Brigits Garden Summer Camps, Roscahill, Co Galway
Brigit’s Garden offers an excellent opportunity for children to get out of the house and into the great outdoors during the summer. The Celtic Gardens, woodlands and meadows provide a unique setting for kids to explore the wonders of nature, guided by our experienced staff. Brigit’s Garden camps will give your kids a special experience and a lifetime of memories.
- Fun with Nature Camp for 5 – 8 year olds – Nature Games, Bug Hunts, Arts & Crafts and loads more fun.
- Survival Skills Camp for 9 – 12 year olds – Make a Natural Hut, Cook food outdoors, Tracking Games, Bug Hunts, Teamwork & Leadership skills and much more.
Both camps are one week long and start on July 10th & 17th and August 14th 2017 and run daily from 10am – 1.30pm.
Power Soccer Summer Camps, Galway & Mayo
Power Soccer School of Excellence provides excellent soccer coaching for boys and girls in Galway and Mayo, training indoors from September to June and outdoors for Summer Camps in July and August.
Boys and girls aged 3yrs up can join Power Soccer School of Excellence! The Little Kickers camp is for 3-4 yrs and runs Mon-Fri from 12 – 2 pm. The Mini Kickers is for 5-6 yrs and runs Mon-Fri from 10 am – 12 pm. The Main Camps are for 6+yrs, and run from 10 am-2 pm Mon-Fri.
Other Fun Summer Camps for Kids in Connaught
- Rusheen Bay offer watersports camps for kids and teens from June 3rd to August 29th 2017.
- Horizon Ireland are based in Westport and have summer camps for kids and teens including specialist camps for Tennis, Golf, Horse riding, Surfing, Drama, Watersports, Rugby, and Multi-Activity and Language Summer Camps in French, Spanish and English.
- Roscommon Equestrian Centre will run Summer Pony Camps for kids and teens of all ages and ability levels. From one day camps to 4 day camps.
- The Roscommon Sports Partnership have details on several local community sports summer camps for kids and teens taking place this summer 2017.
- Lough Allen Adventure offer water and land based summer camps for kids and teens in Leitrim. Camps run for half or full days and can be booked by day or week.
- Scholastic Languages offer Irish Speaking multi-activity summer camps in Leitrim and Sligo. Summer Camps are available for both primary and secondary level students.
Summer Camps for Kids in Leinster
Imaginosity Summer Camps, Dublin
Imaginosity is the place to be during the school holidays with fun filled camps running throughout the summer holidays this year, catering for children aged 4-6 years (from 9am-1pm), and 7-8 years with a slightly extended day (from 9am-2.30pm). All camps will have their own weekly theme, and will be jam packed with arts & crafts, science, music, engineering supervised museum exploration and much more!
Imaginosity is an accredited DPSM (Discover Primary Science and Maths Centre) so all camps are designed to engage children in education outside the classroom in a fun and entertaining way. To book your child’s place call 01-2176130, or log onto www.imaginosity.ie for more camp information. Daily and weekly options are available for all camps.
The Ark Summer Camps
It is all about art and music this summer at The Ark with summer camps for Songwriting, creative writing, Animal Shapeshifters, Enchanting Transformations and more.
Summer Camps take place on various dates from early June to August and can be booked online. Look out too for family workshops and gigs taking place throughout the summer at this unique venue right in the heart of Dublin city centre.
Alliance-Française French Summer Courses
This summer why not let your children learn and play in French. Arts and Crafts, songs, outdoor games (subject to weather) and much more. These classes will be led by child-friendly native-French qualified teachers. This year there are 4 different themes
- La Mer
- Le Cirque & la Musique
- La Cuisisine francaise
- Film d’animation
All children are welcome up to 10 years, whatever their level of French! Children will be split into 2 groups ages 4-6 yrs and 7-10 yrs. Register for 2 camps or more and receive a 10% discount on the second camp!
The Alliance-Française Summer camps run weeklyJune 6th to July 28th 2017 in Dublin
For those wishing to learn or improve their French, Alliance-Française also offer a range of French language summer activities for children aged from 1 to 12 years. Children are grouped by age and take part in a 4 week session on Saturdays from June 10th to July 1st 2017.
Teen Summer Camps are also available for teens wishing to improve on classes already attended in secondary school or in preparation for beginning 1st year French. Classes take place every 2 weeks from June 6th to 16th, 19th to 30th and July 3rd to 14th and 17th to 28th.
Bricks 4 Kidz Summer Camps
Bricks 4 Kidz® camps are all about creating fun…using LEGO® .
Camps begin with a creative session of ‘free play’, followed by building models using instructions to include popular movie characters and superheroes. After a short break, the camp focuses upon Lego Technic models. Children will use gears, levers, motors & Lego Technic kits to build models of exciting themes such as space, construction and amusement parks using instructions designed by engineers & architects.
Guided by Garda Vetted Tutors our camps are restricted to 20 places ensuring camps are fun, interactive, engaging, hands-on and promote learning while enhancing social skills.
Suitable for kids aged between 5 and 12 years, the camps run either from 9am – 12pm or 1.30pm – 4.30pm.
Camps are running at locations across Dublin – Malahide, Donabate, Ongar, Rush, Sutton, Swords, Diswellstown, Castleknock, Castaheany, Portmarnock, Lusk, Sutton & Skerries.
Cost for a 5 Day Camp is €125 – book a place now.
Savvy Teen Academy Summer Camp
The Savvy Teen Academy offer week long courses helping teens flourish at school / college / work, maximise fun and build a toolbox of skills to help with all areas of their ife. It is not a course based on traditional school curriculum but students will learn and practice skills that are not taught in schools but that are essential to academic and professional success.
Courses run in Dublin from 10th to 13th July 2017
Other Summer Camps in Leinster
- Gymnastics and Multi Activity Summer Camps take place at Taillight and Clondalkin Leisure Centre.
- Canoe Ireland will run kayaking summer camps during July and August. They have Junior, Senior and Advanced camps.
- The School of Irish Archaeology have Archaeology Camps for ages 7 to 12 in Harold’s Cross.
- Lisduff Adventure Centre in Laois have an activity based Summer Camp for kids of all ages running in July and August.
- Pine Forest Arts Centre Art Summer Camps are for children aged 5 to 16 years.
- The Chester Beatty Library have fun workshops for kids and teens running over the Summer Holidays.
- The Kildare Summer Arts Project hold drop in workshops for children of all ages. Participants can choose to attend as many workshops as they wish and each workshop will cover a different art medium. Workshops run during July and August 2017.
- The Craft Corner are running Summer Arts & Crafts Camps for kids aged 5-11 in Celbridge, Dunboyne, Straffan and Sallins.
- CRYS offer Carlow Community Summer Camps for kids aged 5 to 12 years in various venues in Carlow.
- The Watershed Kilkenny offer summer camps for kids throughout the summer. They have dedicated swim camps and multi-activity camps on offer.
- Pure Adventure Kilkenny offer kayaking summer camps for kids and teens during July and August.
- Causey Farm in Meath run multi-activity summer camps for kids aged 5 to 13 years. They offer a bus service from Navan too.
Summer Camps for Kids in Munster
Savvy Teen Academy Summer Camp
The Savvy Teen Academy offer summer courses helping teens flourish at school, college and work, maximise fun and build a toolbox of skills to help with all areas of their life. It is not a course based on traditional school curriculum but students will learn and practice skills that are not taught in schools but that are essential to academic and professional success.
Courses run in Cork from 17th to 20th July 2017.
Other Munster Summer Camps
Art and Craft Summer Camps
- Join in on the fun this summer, with the return of the award-winning Hunt Museum children’s summer camps!
Sport Summer Camps
- Premier Sports Coaching have summer camps in 4 Tipperary locations for ages 4+.
- Star Outdoors in Kerry have water and land based summer camps running during July and August.
- Kingdom Waves run fun surf summer camps at Inch Beach and Banna Strand throughout the summer.
- Get West Limerick run kayaking summer camps throughout the summer months.
- Nevsail have watersports summer camps running in Kilkee during July and August 2017.
- WIT Arena offer sports skills and multi-activity summer camps to teens and kids during July and August. Teen camps for ages 13 to 17 years focus on 4 main disciplines; GAA, Soccer, Rugby and Basketball and the kids camps for ages 5 to 12 years cover IT, Science, Cookery and Sports.
- De La Salle College Waterford offer sports summer camps for kids aged 7 to 13 years. The camps cover a range of different sports including swimming and indoor and outdoor activities.
Other Fun Summer Camps
- Techkidz offer multi-activity computer summer camps for kids ages 7 to 14 years in Cork, Kerry, Limerick, Waterford and Tipperary.
- Gortbrack Organic Farm & Kerry Earth Education Project host fun food foraging and wildlife summer camps during June, July and August.
- UCH Limerick will run a musical theatre summer camp with Richie Hayes from July 3rd to 7th 2017.
- The Burren Education Centre have adventure summer camps for kids and teens running in July and August 2017.
- Camp Waterford takes place in Newtown School and offer multi-activity summer camps for kids and teens aged from 4 to 19 years. Camps run weekly from 10am to 4pm on dates beginning July 10th to 28th 2017.
Summer Camps for Kids in Ulster
- Garden Outdoor and Education Training centre in Donegal offer outdoor adventure summer camps for kids and teens with a ‘mad mix’ of activities for all to enjoy.
- The Donegal Adventure Centre in Bundoran offer Multi-Activity Summer Camps for kids with a range of existing sports including surfing, high ropes, archery, art, kayaking, music and more. Camps can be booked by day, week or monthly!
- Livewire Summer Camps will take place again this summer 2017 in Letterkenny. Camps are suitable for ages 4 to 14 years and include adventure, dance, gymnastics, soccer and more.
- Tanagh Outdoor Education and Training Centre have fun multi-activity summer camps for kids and teens from aged 9 to 17 years. The camps take place in Cavan and Monaghan
Tips for Summer Camps
Mykidstime is run by parents and we have also compiled our Top 10 Tips for Summer Camps, based on our experience! Things like checking whether they need a drink or snack with them or what the procedure is at pick up time. Each camp provider should have a child protection policy in place. Ask other parents for opinions on camps if it’s your child’s first summer camp year.
If you know of a local camp that we don’t have listed, drop us an email or comment below and we’ll happily add to the listings for other parents! If you are a camp provider and we haven’t listed your summer camp, be sure to list your camp with us