This easy paper craft is suitable for kids and teens aged 4+ and will only take a short time to create. Watch how to make a funky pen holder from paper.
Sign up for our free monthly newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free?
To Make Your Pen Holder You will need:
- 6 Sheets A4 coloured paper (different colours are best)
- Small piece of cardboard for base
- Glue (craft glue and paint brush are best)
Each sheet of paper needs to be trimmed to approx 21cms (square). This is done by simply folding the page in a triangle shape until edges meet. Trim off end and keep off-cuts which are then trimmed to 10cm wide x 5cm high to insert into folded sheets.
Be firm with your folding to the crease lines are visible on the sheet of paper. Watch the video and follow the instructions below to create your funky paper pen holder.
- Fold each sheet of paper into a large triangle, so the edges meet and you are left with a piece at the bottom.
- Fold back the extra bit at the bottom and remove it (you will need it in a moment)
- You should be left with 6 squares (approx 21cms) of different coloured paper and 6 off-cuts.
- Cut the trimmed off-cuts into 10cm wide x 5cm high pieces. You will need 6.
- Take your first square of paper and fold it in half.
- Open page out, turn page 90º and fold it in half again.
- Open page out, fold each half into a quarter so the edges meet in the middle of your square.
- Open the page out and again, turn page 90º and fold each half into a quarter to the edges meet in the middle of your square.
- Open the page out again and fold each corner into a small triangle so they just meet the first set of crease lines just out for each corner.
- Keep edges folded and turn page around, fold each side into a quarter, so they meet in the middle.
- Turn the paper around lengthways and fold it in half away from you so you are left with a smaller square.
- Turn the paper around again and fold each half back on itself, so you have a small rectangle.
- Open it out and turn it over so all the folds are on the underside.
- Fold back the edges so you again have a square with the folds visible on top.
- Take one of the smaller off-cuts and place into the folded triangle one side of your paper.
- Carefully feed it into the triangle on the other side of your paper, and make it 3D triangular shape with a diamond on the front.
- Repeat with all 6 pages.
- Carefully glue the triangular shapes together, ensuring the diamond shape is to the front on each one.
- This forms your pen holder.
- To finish, trace around the base on a piece of cardboard.
- Cut the shape out and carefully glue it to the base of your pen holder, to ensure your pens stay in!
You may also enjoy these other fun projects:
- 15 Easy Paper Flowers Crafts
- Stunning But Easy Paper Crafts
- Funky Crafts for Kids and Teens
- 10 Simple Animal Themed Crafts
- 10 Popsicle Stick Crafts
- 8 Creative Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
- 15 Easy Pipe Cleaner Crafts
- 11 Easy Craft Ideas that are Perfect for Parties
Over to you: Have you made our funky paper pen holder? Please let us know in the comments box below.