If you’re an advocate of the saying that ‘the best things in life are free’, you and your family will have a great holiday in Bundoran. Perched on wonderful Donegal Bay, this town offers great family friendly accommodation as well as an impressive natural playground.
Family Fun in Bundoran
- picnic in the whispering grasses of the sand dunes
- take dips in the lively sea
- walk cliffs overlooking the stunning Atlantic
- Get the whole family to take a surf lesson!
- Play pitch and putt
- Go horse riding on the beach
Help it's raining.
Don't worry there are many indoor activities to keep both parents and children happy on your vist to Bundoran these include adventure and play centres such as Bundoran Adventure Park, Waterworld, Dizzys Den, Glowbowl or take in a movie at the Cineplex. There are also activity sheets and games ideas available throughout the town to keep the kiddies entertained.
Just up the road in Donegal Town you can take a scenic boat trip with the Donegal Waterbus Company to view the seal colony on Seal Island. The trip inlcudes full commetary. While in Donegal you can visit Donegal Castle or visit the great playground, which has been divided by age group to keep everyone happy.
Year round Bundoran plays host to a some great festivals and music events. Choose from sand sculpting competitions, street carnivals where jugglers and stilt-walkers strut their stuff, or music sessions where big brass bands perform by the sea.
Upcoming events in Bundoran include:
- An Post Rás – Stage Finish and Start 23rd – 24th May
- Donegal Live, 25th – 27th May
- Sea Sessions – 29th June – 1st July
- Lobsters & Lettuse, 6th – 8th July
If you have any other family fun ideas or events for Bundoran or towns close by please leave a comment below.