Winnie the Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, Eeyore, Roo, Christopher Robin and all the friends from the Hundred Acre Wood are not just characters from a childhood classic. The stories and favourite prose from A.A. Milne is relatable for all ages and, even now in adulthood, there are so many memorable Winnie the Pooh quotes and sayings to live by!
From the characteristic “Oh bother” to a bouncy, bubbly “tiggerific”, many of the Winnie the Pooh tales are immensely quotable. And not just for the funny little quirks we all know and love – there are some immensely powerful and wise statements that are mantras to live by, or at the very least remind ourselves of often.
Winnie the Pooh Quotes and Sayings
1. “When life throws you a rainy day, play in the puddles.”
2. “We didn’t realise we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun.”
3. “Just because an animal is large, it doesn’t mean he doesn’t want kindness; however big Tigger seems to be, remember that he wants as much kindness as Roo.”
4. “Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit…”
5. “The sun still shines, even when it’s hiding.”
6. “Hello, Rabbit,” he said, “Is that you?”
“Let’s pretend it isn’t,” said Rabbit, “And see what happens.”
7. “A friend is one of the best things you can have, and one of the best things you can be.”
8. “When you first wake up in the morning, Pooh,” Piglet said at last, “what’s the first thing you say to yourself?”
“What’s for breakfast?” said Pooh. “What do you say, Piglet?”
“I say, I wonder what’s going to happen exciting today?” said Piglet.
Pooh nodded thoughtfully. “It’s the same thing,” he said.
9. “Think it over, think it under.”
10. “Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.”
11. “If the person you are talking to doesn’t appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.”
12. “Piglet: ‘How do you spell love?’
Pooh: ‘You don’t spell it, you feel it’.”
13. “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”
14. “The things that make me different are the things that make me.”
15. “I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart for so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams, we can be together all the time.”
16. “‘What day is it?’ asked Pooh.
‘It’s today,’ squeaked Piglet.
‘My favourite day,’ said Pooh.”
17. “Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.”
18. “‘We’ll be friends forever, won’t we, Pooh?’ asked Piglet.
‘Even longer,’ Pooh answered.”
19. “‘I don’t feel very much like Pooh today,’ said Pooh.
‘There, there,’ said Piglet. ‘I’ll bring you tea and honey until you do.’”
20. “People say that nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
21. “I am short, fat, and proud of that.”
22. “If you live to be a hundred, I hope I live to be a hundred minus one day, so that I never have to live a day without you.”
23. “Any day spent with you is my favourite day.”
24. “Oh, bother.”
25. “I wonder how many wishes a star can give.”
26. “I’m so rumbly in my tumbly.”
27. “Life is a journey to be experienced, not a problem to be solved.”
28. “If ever there is a tomorrow when we’re not together,
There is something you must always remember,
You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think,
But the most important thing is, even if we are apart, I’ll always be with you.”
29. “You can’t stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.”
30. “When all else fails, take a nap.”