Welcome to the Mykidstime 100 Kid Friendly Restaurants in Ireland guide. As parents ourselves, we are always on the lookout for good restaurants that are truly welcoming to families. In this guide you’ll find a mixture of family friendly places to grab a quick bite, nice cafes, kid friendly restaurants, and lots more across Ireland that have all been recommended by parents! We hope you find this useful and enjoy visiting them, and be sure to let us know what you thought of them, or any additions to the list – we always welcome feedback!
1. Wexford Lavender Farm, Wexford
Make a day out and head to Ireland’s first Lavender Farm, located in the beautiful North Wexford countryside. Enjoy yummy home made treats or lunch in The Purple Haze Cafe. With a good value kids menu, and a playroom for toddlers with soft toys, books and chalkboard, you’ll be able to relax and enjoy your lunch too! Room available for kids parties also. Afterwards, enjoy the Farm which includes 2 acres of Lavender, woodland walks, rides on “Billy the friendly Bull” quad barrel train, and an outdoor playground. Monthly craft workshops for kids, which includes a home-baked treat and juice
2. Child Friendly Eating at Powerscourt Estate, Wicklow
Powerscourt Estate offers a great day out for families with a choice of attractions to visit – Powerscourt Gardens and Waterfall, and children’s museum,Tara’s Palace, in Powerscourt House. There are some great value options for family dining also. Indulge in some fantastic views of the Wicklow Countryside at the Avoca Terrace Café where little ones can munch on the children’s special including Pasta Bolognese, a Smoothie and a Cookie for €6.95, and there are plenty of more tasty homemade options too. Powerscourt Golf Club offers family friendly dining and is particularly popular for Sunday Lunch, or enjoy a family meal out in beautiful surroundings of the Powerscourt Hotel, located within the 1,000 acre Powerscourt Estate.
3. Belvedere House, Westmeath
Enjoy lunch or home baked treats at the lovely CaToCa Courtyard Café, at Belvedere House, with soft seating areas, a bright colour scheme and a delicious menu. They pride themselves on being child friendly, and provide healthy fresh foods for children. All produce is sourced locally, Irish, wild & organic. CaToCa cater for children’s confectionery workshops, children’s parties & special occasions. Afterwards, explore the lovely 160 acre estate, set on an elevated site over looking Lough Ennell, or visit the house which is fully restored.
4. Mullingar Greyhound Stadium, Westmeath
Mullingar Greyhound Stadium, boasts an award winning grandstand restaurant, offering a panoramic view of all the racing action. They run regular family days with special events just for families at great prices, and also offer the ideal venue for parties and special events for both children and adults, including birthdays, communions, confirmations and christenings.
5. National Museum of Ireland, Dublin
The Museum Cafés at National Museum of Ireland – Archeology, and National Museum of Ireland – Decorative Arts & History are the perfect place for a snack or lunch before or after your museum visit.The cafés are open during Museum opening hours, and you will find child-friendly food at Brambles Café and high-chairs are available on request. The Cafés also welcomes mothers who wish to breast-feed their children.
More Kid-Friendly Restaurants – Dublin & Wicklow
6. ely, Dublin – Highly recommended – fresh, healthy, wholesome kids menu, very child friendly. Meat from Ely’s farm in Clare.
7. Carluccios, Dublin – Good Italian food, open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
8. Milano, Dublin – A favourite with families. Good value and great food on children’s menu, and play area in larger restaurants.
9. Marks & Spencer’s Cafes, Dublin – Great lunch bag for kids, sandwich, juice, raisins and crisps and colouring pencils!
10. Tea Rooms at Rathfarnham Castle, Dublin – Nice coffee shop for cakes and lunch. Great playgound on the grounds.
11. Homemade by Clodagh at Arnotts, Dublin – Great fresh food, locally sourced. Kids Menu mains all include salad.
12. Oscar Taylor’s, Island View Hotel, Malahide, Dublin – excellent family friendly restaurant with fabulous sea views.
13. The Grange, Oldtown, North Co Dublin – Very reasonably priced good food, has a kiddies menu and option for al fresco dining.
14. Campo De’ Fiori Bray, Wicklow – Family friendly Italian restaurant with half portions of all pasta available for children.
15. The Beech Tree Cafe @ Gardenworld Kilquade, Wicklow – Fresh homemade food with nice indoor and outdoor eating area.
More Kid Friendly Restaurants – Leinster
16. Zucchini Navan, Meath – Family-run, family-friendly restaurant with an imaginative children’s menu. Baby bowls also available.
17. The Central, Navan, Meath – Award winning gastropub with a good choice children’s menu and free baby bowls for under 2s. Kids play area also.
19. West 29, Drogheda, Louth – Restaurant in the Westcourt Hotel, has excellent food, friendly staff and is not expensive.
20. Strandfield House, Dundalk, Louth – Quirky farm shop and cafe, with lovely home-cooked breakfast, lunch and baking.
21. D’Vine Wine Bar & Restaurant, Louth – Award-winning family friendly restaurant with good value and choice for family.
22. Courtyard Cafe, Longford – Extensive menu in the cafe which also has their own bakery. Nice outdoor seating.
23. Aubergine Gallery Cafe, Longford – Good food in this first floor restaurant, opened for lunch & dinner. Better suited older kids.
24.The Ballinahowen Tea Rooms Westmeath – Traditional tearoom, comfy sofas, china cups, nice lunch & homebaking.
25. CaToCa cafe, Emo Court Laois – Lovely tea-rooms, offering good quality food for all the family. Outdoor seating also available.
26. Cafe Latte Dunmaise Theatre, Portlaoise Laois – Spacious cafe at Theatre, open from breakfast to afternoon tea. Kid’s art table
27. Stradbally Fayre Cafe & food hall, Stradbally Laois – Delicious, fresh, homemade organic food in this daytime cafe & foodhall.
28. Siroccos Italian Restaurant, Tullamore Offaly – Friendly Italian, with a good children’s menu. Open evenings & Sunday lunch.
29. BK2 Tullamore Offaly – Bistro food, with a good children’s menu, and friendly staff. Open all day.
30. Fallons Cafe & Bar, Kilcullen Kildare – Nice cosy bar-side dining or restaurant options with good choice children’s menu.
31. Jolly Cafe, Naas Kildare – Lovely cafe and restaurant open from Breakfast through to Dinner, with good value tasty food.
32. Harte’s Bar & Grill, Kildare Town, Kildare – Award winning gastropub in Kildare town, with good value food for all the family.
33. The Forge, Ballon Carlow – Great for home baking and local produce. Perfect after a visit to Altamont Gardens.
34. Rachel’s Garden Cafe at Arboretum, Carlow – Lovely cafe, homemade food using local produce. Plenty of indoor & outdoor seating.
35. Lennons @ VISUAL, Carlow – Located at VISUAL, a lovely spot to enjoy morning treats, lunch or dinner.
36. Jarrow Cafe @ Castlecomer Discovery Park, Kilkenny – Good home-baked food in a lovely setting with plenty of choices for kids.
37. La Rivista, Kilkenny – Family-friendly Italian restaurant and pizzeria, with a good children’s menu.
38. Mug Shot Cafe, Kilkenny -Good choice menu for children, and ‘the snug’, where parents can close the door and let their kids play safely with a box of toys, while they relax with a coffee.
39. The Watergarden, Thomastown, Kilkenny – Enjoy good food at this café in a lovely relaxed setting with indoor and outdoor seating.
40. Greenacres, Wexford – Great family friendly restaurant, with art gallery, and a food and wine store.
41. D’lush cafe at the Wexford Arts Centre – Lovely for snacks, lunch or something more substantial. Small venue and not buggy friendly, but worth it for food.
42. Lakeside Café Lough Key, Roscommon
Revive & re-energise in The Lakeside Café, at Lough Key Forest & Activity Park, where you can enjoy gourmet fair-trade coffee & tea with some homemade sweet & savoury delights, overlooking the beautiful vista of Castle Island & Lough Key. There is also an outdoor deck for those dry days! Children are well catered for, with a tasty small menu that changes regularly – hot food with a cold choice of flavoured sugar free drink, and babies are not forgotten so be sure to ask for your baby bowl! High chairs are provided and there are colouring pages and crayons available to keep the children entertained while you enjoy your coffee and the views.
43. Garden Cafe at Brigit’s Garden, Galway
Enjoy fresh, high quality, homemade food in the award winning Garden Cafe at Brigit’s Garden, Galway, where you can relax in the light filled dining room overlooking the garden or dine al fresco on the patio. For kids, there are plenty of tasty, yet healthy, options, including savoury and sweet crepes (a new speciality), toasties, small portions of home-made soups, yummy hot chocolate etc., and there is a play area with toys and books for small children in the Café. The Garden Café is open to families whether or not they are visiting the Gardens. For those visiting the Celtic Gardens there are lots of fun things for children to explore from the kids’ discovery trail to lots of natural play.
44. The Three Towers Eco House & Organic Kitchen, Galway
Opened in 2012, The Three Towers Eco House and Organic Kitchen, Loughrea offers a peaceful retreat from the day to day bustle. Beside the Slieve Aughty Riding Centre, The Three Towers serves delicious organic food, and is proud to be only one of 2 restaurants in all of Ireland to claim organic status. It is a wonderful place for a party or family day out – bring your family for Sunday Lunch or come for High Tea, and sit in their beautiful dining room or enjoy the views sitting outside snuggled up with a warm blanket, a fire and a hot drink. Combine your stop at the cafe with a walk on the nature trail, or a pony ride for the kids.
45. National Museum of Ireland – Country Life, Mayo
The Museum Café at National Museum of Ireland – Country Life, is the perfect place for a snack or lunch before or after your museum visit.The café is open during Museum opening hours, and you will find child-friendly food at Brambles Café and high-chairs are available on request. The Café also welcomes mothers who wish to breast-feed their children.
46. Westport House, Mayo
There are plenty of dining options at Westport House & Pirate Adventure Park. The tea-rooms in Westport House are perfect for enjoying home-made cakes and scones. Gracy’s Gastro Bar is situated at the old farmyard, and offers hot and cold food throughout the day, and now offer pizzas from their wood-fired oven, at weekends. Baby bowls also available. Pirates Den and Galley at Pirates Haven both serve tea/coffee and snacks.
More Kid Friendly Restaurants – Connacht
47. Mulberry’s in Barna – family-friendly menus with wide variety of dishes including pastas, meat and fish dishes for adults and plenty of healthy options for children.
48. EAT @ Massimo, Galway – Wholesome good food in relaxed surroundings. Kids menu offers best of main menu in smaller portions.
49. Arabica at Galway Atlantaquaria, Galway – Family friendly cafe on ground floor of Atlantaquaria complex, good views.
50. The Pilot Bar Enniscrone, Sligo – Lovely pub with great seafood, homemade pizzas and generous portions – good value.
51. Ait Eile, Enniscrone, Sligo – Home made children’s menu staples, and you can get children’s portions of most adult meals.
52. Shells Strandhill, Sligo – Great home baking & hot chocolates with wholesome soups, bread and sandwiches – fab view!
53. The Yeats Tavern, Sligo – This popular spot is a firm family favourite with a most dishes available in children’s portions.
54. The Oarsman, Carrick-on-Shannon, Leitrim – Homemade burgers, fish goujons and chunky chips and are a great hit, in this award winning pub/restaurant.
55. Beirne’s Pub, Battlebridge, Leitrim – Traditional Irish Pub with great food and a playground.
56. Vittos Restaurant, Carrrick-on-Shannon, Leitrim – Family-friendly restaurant with a good pasta & pizza menu and a dedicated healthy children’s menu.
57. Dillon’s Bar & Restaurant, Ballina, Mayo – Lovely family friendly restaurant, with good menus,and outdoor courtyard.
58. Cafe Rua, Castlebar, Mayo – Delicious, uncomplicated food with daily specials at this lovely cafe/deli/bakery. Good kids menu.
59. Sol Rio, Westport, Mayo – Really nice “Kids Size Me” kids menu. It’s upstairs so you may have to carry the buggy or just leave it in the car!
60. The Ardcarne Garden Cafe, Roscommon – Homemade food & great children’s menu with loads of pasta options
61. Brunos, Boyle Roscommon – Traditional Italian, freshly made pizzas, great pasta dishes, with a range of Italian desserts.
Visit Mac’s Pub which forms part of the visit to Bunratty Castle and Folk Park. Here you will enjoy wholesome good food and beverages in a relaxed and authentically 19th century atmosphere. The Folk Park offers you an experience of a living reconstruction of the homes and environment of Ireland of over a century ago. Set on 26 acres, the impressive park features over 30 buildings in a ‘living’ village and rural setting. Mac’s opens from 10.30am – 5.30 p.m. daily through peak season
At the award winning La Cucina, Castletroy, you will find “real food cooked the real Italian way” by husband and wife team Bruno and Lorraine. Their restaurant provides authentic good Italian food with an excellent children’s menu – guaranteed fresh pizza dough and sauce daily, and there is a great choice of pizza and pasta. Good choice and value for all the family. They also offer a takeout service.
More Kid Friendly Restaurants – Munster
64. Hamptons Limerick – Great family booths, colouring sheets and lots of choices make this a favourite with all the family.
65. Crokers, Murroe, Limerick – Pub is a favourite with locals and the half-roast is a great kids option. Pitch & Putt nearby.
66. Cornstore Restaurant, Limerick – Excellent “Kids Size Me” menu, with under 2 food free. Face painter Sunday afternoons.
67. Market Lane, Cork – Scrumptious traditional meals for kids like shepherds pie etc. Offer baby bowls for smaller appetites.
68. Scozzis Restaurant, Cork – Fantastic, good value, home made cuisine. Baby bowls. Kid’s Colouring competition to win lunch for 3!
69. Granvilles Restaurant, Macroom Cork – Family friendly steak and seafood restaurant. Colouring for kids and good value.
70. Lakeside Hotel Killaloe Clare – Good value, healthy “Kids Size Me” menu in this lovely lakeside restaurant.
71. The Diamond Rocks Cafe, Clare – Open early for pancakes and hot chocolate after a morning swim!
72. The Tea Rooms, Ballyvaughan Clare – Gorgeous old world tea room with home cooking and plenty of cakes.
73. Restaurant 42 at Baileys, Cashel Tipperary – High quality food for families with very helpful staff.
74. The Fairways Bar & Orchard Restaurant, Nenagh Tipperary – Fresh home-made award-winning food – worth a trip.
75. Stars of India, Thurles Tipperary – Nice family friendly, good value BYOB restaurant with excellent children’s menu.
77. Beaufort Bar & Restaurant, Killarney Kerry – Excellent food, a favourite with families, with a great set price menu too.
78. Jack Meades, Cheekpoint Waterford – Family friendly award-winning gastropub with indoor & outdoor seating, playground
79. Bellissimo, Waterford City, Waterford – Italian restaurant with good value and choice on their kids menu.
80. Wagamama Victoria Sq., Belfast
Wagamama in Victoria Sq., Belfast – This chain of Japanese noodle bars offers fresh, fast food and a relaxed atmosphere and caters nicely for kids with a special Noodle Doodle menu, baby facilities, high chairs and free wi-fi. Their chocolate wasabi cake is a favourite of ours!
More Kid Friendly Restaurants – Ulster
81. The Blueberry Tea Room Donegal – Helpful staff, great food – can get very busy and is not suitable for buggies.
82. The Gaslight Restaurant Donegal – Enjoy good food, good value and the fabulous view of Rossnowlagh Beach!
83. The Harbour Restaurant Donegal – Good food, very family-friendly. Toys for younger kids and colouring for older kids.
84. La Bella Donna Restaurant Donegal – Lovely family-friendly Italian restaurant.
85. La Fantasia, Letterkenny Donegal – Great food, helpful staff at this authentic Italian. Plenty of choice for all the family.
86. The Red Pepper Castlederg Tyrone – Great menu, lovely kids food, freshly sourced and really reasonable prices.
87. Lakeside Manor Hotel, Virginia Cavan – Beautiful views overlooking lake with good bar-food menu
88. Chapter 1 Cafe, Cavan Town, Cavan – A lovely spot for homemade lunches. Buggy friendly entrance at the back.
89. The Olde Post Inn Cloverhill, Cavan – Excellent food in a lovely setting, with plenty of highchairs and baby changing facilities.
90. Andys Bar & Restaurant Monaghan – Family run multi-award winning establishment. Good value & choice on kids menu.
91. Snaffles Restaurant, Castle Leslie Monaghan – Relaxed setting, open-plan dining room with good children’s menu.
92. The Crown Liquor Saloon, Belfast – A gem of a pub,serving classic hearty pub food.
93. Pizza Express, Victoria Square Belfast – Hearty Italian food with good choice and value on children’s menu. Gluten-free options also.
94. Avoca Belfast – Good quality fresh food with nice variety for children’s meals. Option to takeout fresh food from food hall.
95. Cafe Conor, opp Botanic Gardens Belfast – Tasty home-made snacks and hearty meals, with friendly staff. Very popular.
96. Cafe Vaudeville Belfast – Great decor, sure to wow the kids. Open from morning, serving good fresh food.
97. Fitzroys Bistro, Derry – Very child friendly during the day, staff very friendly and patient.
98. Red Door Tea Rooms Ballintoy Antrim – Tea-rooms in an Irish cottage with turf fire, serving traditional Irish food.
99. Franco’s Restaurant, Enniskillen Fermanagh – Pasta, Pizza and seafood restaurant – something for all the family.
100. The Old Post Office Tea Rooms Down – Great food in lovely surroundings. Breakfast, snacks, and wholesome lunches.
Have you visited any of these restaurants or cafes? Tell us your experience in the comments below.