Registered dietitian and mum of three Aoife Hearne shares her recipe for delicious Baked Berry Squares – a yummy treat that’s also packed with goodness.
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
These oaty squares are packed with goodness and flavour, and make a delicious treat at any time of day!
You May Also Enjoy Aoife Hearne’s Beetroot and Orange Breakfast Smoothie
Baked Berry Squares Recipe
- 235g Flahavan’s Super Oats
- 2 eggs
- 120g apple compote
- 240mls skimmed milk
- 15g ground flaxseed
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 90g blueberries
- 40g brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 175°C
- Mix Flahavan’s Super Oats, eggs, blueberries, apple sauce, brown sugar, skimmed milk, flax seed, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt together in a large bowl; pour into a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until the moisture is absorbed and the oats are tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cut portions into 12 equal portions.
Aoife’s Top Tips
Aoife and Flahavan’s have teamed up to show you how to incorporate oats, a budget-friendly and healthy super food, into your family’s diet. Don’t miss Aoife’s expert tips for feeding your family nutritiously and how a healthy breakfast for kids can really affect their mood!
You May Also Enjoy 10 Quick & Easy Overnight Oats Recipes That Kids Will Love
Credit: Baked Berry Squares recipe and image extracted from Aoife Hearne’s cookbook The Plan: Eat Well, Lose Weight, Transform Your Life, published by Gill Books.