Registered dietitian and mum of three Aoife Hearne shares her recipe for delicious Baked Berry Squares – a yummy treat that’s also packed with goodness.
Sign up for our free monthly newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free?
Baked Berry Squares
- 235g Flahavan’s Super Oats
- 2 eggs
- 120g apple compote
- 240mls skimmed milk
- 15g ground flaxseed
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 90g blueberries
- 40g brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 175°C
- Mix Flahavan’s Super Oats, eggs, blueberries, apple sauce, brown sugar, skimmed milk, flax seed, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt together in a large bowl; pour into a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until the moisture is absorbed and the oats are tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cut portions into 12 equal portions.
Aoife’s Top Tips
Aoife and Flahavan’s have teamed up to show you how to incorporate oats, a budget-friendly and healthy super food, into your family’s diet. Don’t miss Aoife’s expert tips for feeding your family nutritiously and how a healthy breakfast for kids can really affect their mood!
You May Also Enjoy 10 Quick & Easy Overnight Oats Recipes That Kids Will Love
Credit: Baked Berry Squares recipe and image extracted from Aoife Hearne’s cookbook The Plan: Eat Well, Lose Weight, Transform Your Life, published by Gill Books.