After much trial and error (you can thank me later!), these are definitely the best and most deliciously chewy chocolate chip cookies. You can have a cookie craving and be munching on these in less than 15 minutes…what are you waiting for?
Don’t miss the chance to have your say! We’re looking for parents to get involved and give their feedback on all aspects of family life. Find out more here.
Baking has become a near-daily activity of late, with bread and cakes and cookies on some kind of regular rotation. But the one recipe we continue to come back to time and again is this one for chewy chocolate chip cookies.
It is so simple and requires just a wooden spoon to bring the ingredients together. With a baking time of about 8 minutes, it does mean you can be having a fix in a matter of minutes, which even the most substantial of cravings will appreciate!
The recipe itself lends itself to tweaking as needed – try a mix of dark and white chocolate chips, add some chopped nuts, or try sprinkling some sea salt on top for a grown up treat.
You May Also Enjoy My Favourite Melt In The Mouth Chocolate Brownies Recipe
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 175g self-raising flour
- 60g caster sugar
- 60g light muscovado sugar
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- A pinch of salt
- 115g unsalted butter, very soft
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 170g dark chocolate, broken into chunks
- 65g walnuts or hazelnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/375F. Grease or line 2 large baking sheets and set aside.
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and combine with a wooden spoon.
- Spoon out equal cookie dough balls (I use an ice cream scoop for consistency). Flatten the balls of dough slightly before baking for 8-10 minutes until lightly coloured.
- Remove from the oven when still soft as they will continue to firm while cooling. Leave on the tray for several minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Will keep in an airtight container for several days.
You May Also Enjoy 8 Easy Cookie Recipes You Can Bake with the Kids
Have your say! What is your favourite cookie recipe? Have you tried these amazingly chewy chocolate chip cookies yet? Leave a comment below and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!