Is there anything better than warm, melt in the mouth chocolate brownies? I have been using this recipe for years and other parents always ask for the recipe when it comes to party time. I hope you enjoy it too!
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
When you make these brownies the most amazing smell fills the kitchen, they are irresistible! The biggest problem you’ll have is just eating one!
Melt In The Mouth Chocolate Brownies
This recipe makes approx 15 brownies.
- 150g dark chocolate
- 150g butter (unsalted works best)
- 3 large eggs
- 225g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 125g dried fruit or nuts if desired.
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together over a pan of simmering water (ensure the bowl does not rest in the water). Once melted leave aside to cool.
- Add the eggs, sugar and vanilla together and beat well using an electric mixer.
- When the chocolate mixture has cooled, add in the egg mix and beat again.
- Sieve in the flour and salt and beat until smooth and there are no lumps.
- Add the dried fruit and / or nuts if using.
- Pour the mixture into a well greased baking tray that has been lined with parchment paper. that overhangs the sides slightly
- Make sure it is even and bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes. They will be done when the top has formed a crust and has started to crack.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 30 minutes, if you can wait!
- Once cooled, cut into squares and lift out using the overhanging parchment paper.
- Peel away paper and tuck in!
You Might Also Enjoy Chocolate & Pear Pudding Recipe
Over to you now. Have you tried this chocolate brownies recipe? Let us know in the comments box below.