Is there anything better than warm, melt in the mouth chocolate brownies? I have been using this recipe for years and other parents always ask for the recipe when it comes to party time. I hope you enjoy it too. This recipe makes approx 15 Brownies.
- 150g dark chocolate
- 150g butter (unsalted works best)
- 3 large eggs
- 225g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 100g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 125g dried fruit or nuts if desired.
- Heat the oven to 180c.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together over a pan of simmering water. (ensure the bowl does not rest in the water). Once melted leave aside to cool.
- Add the eggs, sugar and vanilla together and beat well using an electric mixer.
- When the chocolate mixture has cooled, add in the egg mix and beat again.
- Sieve in the flour and salt and beat until smooth and there are no lumps.
- Add the dried fruit and / or nuts if using.
- Pour the mixture into a well greased baking tray that has been lined with parchment paper. that overhangs the sides slightly
- Make sure it is even and bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes. They will be done when the top has formed a crust and has started to crack.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 30 minutes, if you can wait!
- Once cooled, cut into squares and lift out using the overhanging parchment paper.
- Peel away paper and tuck in!
You may also like to try this Butlers Chocolate & Pear Pudding Recipe
Have you tried this Brownie Recipe? Let us know in the comments box below.