Are you looking for a tasty dessert recipe that all the family will love? Picture a rich chocolate brownie-like sponge that’s gooey and warm in the middle, with the occasional chocolate chunk. That’s what you get with this chocolate and pear pudding – heaven!
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free?
Soft sweet pears, warm chocolate brownie and a lovely crunchy toasted almond flake topping – this Butlers chocolate and pear pudding is the perfect combination of flavours.
You May Also Enjoy You’ll Love This Delicious Banana Upside Down Cake
Chocolate and Pear Pudding Recipe
- 225g unsalted butter
- 300g caster sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 75g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100g Butlers 70% Dark Chocolate Bar, roughly chopped in large chunks
- 2 (410g) tin canned pear halves in juice, drained
- 50g flaked almonds
For the Sauce:
- 125ml double cream
- 4 Butlers Hot Chocolate drink portions
- Optional, vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C/170°C fan assisted/gas 5. Grease an ovenproof dish (approx. 20cm x 30cm), with 25g of the butter. Set aside.
- Place the remaining butter in a large saucepan and melt over low heat.
- Remove from heat, then add the sugar and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Leave to cool slightly, about 10 minutes, then slowly pour in the beaten eggs while mixing with a whisk to combine.
- Stir in vanilla extract, then sift flour, cocoa and salt over the butter mixture and whisk in until thoroughly combined. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Pour batter into the prepared dish then arrange pear halves on top, pushing them into the batter.
- Sprinkle with flaked almonds then bake in pre-heated oven for about 28-30 minutes, until pudding has a crust over the surface, but is still soft and sticky inside.
- Once pudding has baked, remove from the oven and leave to stand for about 5 minutes.
- While pudding is baking, prepare the chocolate sauce: pour cream into a small saucepan and add the Butlers Hot Chocolate drink portions.
- Heat over medium heat until chocolate has melted into the cream, stirring gently to make sure the bottom doesn’t burn and to help mix the sauce.
- Once ready, pour sauce into a small serving jug. If you prefer a thicker sauce, you can refrigerate it to help thicken faster – it will thicken the longer it cools.
Serve pudding while still hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a generous drizzle of chocolate sauce. Yummy!
Recipe courtesy of Butlers Chocolate
You May Also Enjoy Outrageously Delicious Chocolate Chunk Cookie Recipe
Did your chocoholics love this chocolate and pear pudding? Leave a comment below and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!