Looking for a tasty dessert recipe that all the family will love? Picture a rich chocolate brownie-like sponge that’s gooey and warm in the middle, with the occasional melted Butlers 70% dark chocolate chunk. Soft sweet pears and lovely crunchy toasted almond flakes on top. Here’s a dessert recipe you will have to try – Butlers Chocolate & Pear Pudding recipe – the perfect comfort pudding.
For the Pudding
- 225g unsalted butter
- 300g caster sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 75g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100g Butlers 70% Dark Chocolate Bar, roughly chopped in large chunks
- 2 (410g) tin canned pear halves in juice, drained
- 50g flaked almonds
For the Sauce
- 125ml double cream
- 4 Butlers Hot Chocolate drink portions
- Optional, vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C/170°C fan assisted/gas 5.
- Grease an oven-proof dish (approx. 20cm x 30cm), with 25g of the butter. Set aside.
- Place the remaining butter in a large saucepan and melt over low heat.
- Remove from heat then add the sugar and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Leave to cool slightly, about 10 minutes, then slowly pour in the beaten eggs while mixing with a whisk to combine.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Sift flour, cocoa and salt over the butter mixture, then whisk in until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Pour batter into the prepared dish then arrange pear halves on top, pushing them into the batter.
- Sprinkle with flaked almonds then bake in pre-heated oven for about 28-30 minutes, until pudding has a crust over the surface, but is still soft and sticky inside.
- Once pudding has baked, remove from the oven and leave to stand for about 5 minutes.
You may also like Melt in the Mouth Chocolate Brownies Recipe
- While pudding is baking, prepare the chocolate sauce – pour cream into a small saucepan and add the Butlers Hot Chocolate drink portions.
- Heat over medium heat until chocolate has melted into the cream, stirring gently to make sure the bottom doesn’t burn and to help mix the sauce.
- Once ready, pour sauce into a small serving jug. If you prefer a thicker sauce, you can refrigerate it to help thicken faster – it will thicken the longer it cools.
Serve pudding while still hot with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream and generous drizzle of chocolate sauce. Yummy!
With thanks to Butlers Chocolate
You may also like this Flourless Gluten-free Chocolate Cake Recipe
Over to you! Have you tried this recipe? Let us know in the comments below.