This Chicken and Miso Noodle Soup is a great soup as it’s very healthy but also has lots of flavour. It’s equally good without the chicken for the vegetarians among you and I often substitute either rice noodles or udon noodles for the egg noodles. It is perfect for a light mid-week dinner as it only takes about 15 minutes to prepare from start to finish.
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tblsp soy sauce
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- ½ inch piece of ginger, grated or finely chopped
- ½ lt water
- 150g egg noodles
- 1 tblsp miso paste (available from Evergreen, I use Shiro Miso by Sanchi for soups)
- 4 spring onions finely sliced
- 1 tblsp fresh coriander
- Place the fish sauce, soya sauce, garlic, ginger and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil with the lid on, reduce the heat before adding the sliced chicken and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the noodles and cook for 2 more minutes until the noodles are just tender. Add the spring onions and heat through.
- Take a ladle of liquid from the pot and pour into a cup or bowl.
- Add the Miso paste and stir until dissolved in the liquid. Return the thickened liquid to the saucepan and stir through.
- Serve garnished with some chopped fresh coriander.
What did you think of this recipe? Let us know in the comments below.