A classic treat at Christmas time is a slice of Christmas cake (served with a nice cup of tea!). Traditionally made as a fruit cake with marzipan and fondant icing, you might find this Christmas cake recipe, well, just a little different. Read on to find out why our very special Christmas Cake Recipe has a special twist!
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
This is a very special recipe you will find as you read on. It’s definitely not the usual Christmas Cake recipe, that’s for sure!
A Christmas Cake Recipe With a Twist
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 large brown eggs
- 2 cups of dried fruit
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- Lemon juice
- 1 bottle of whisky
- Sample the whiskey to check for quality. Take out a large bowl. Check the whiskey again.
- To be sure it’s the highest quality, pour one level cup of the whiskey and drink. Repeat.
- Turn on the electric mixer, beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add one teaspoon of sugar and beat again. Make sure the whiskey is still OK.
- Cry another tup. Tune up the mixer.
- Beat two eggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit. Mix on the turner.
- If the fired druit gets stuck in the beaterers, pry it goose with a drewscriver.
- Sample the whiskey to check for tonsisticity.
- Next, sift two cups of salt. Or something. Who cares?
- Check the whiskey. Now sift the lemon juice and strain your nuts.
- Add one table. Spoon the sugar or something. Whatever you can find. Grease the oven. Turn the cake tin to 350 degrees.
- Don’t forget to beat off the turner. Throw the bowl out of the window.
- Check the whiskey again and go to bed.
- Aargh – shure who eats Chrestmas cake anyway?
You Might Also Enjoy The 12 Laws of Christmas for Parents
Over to you now. Fancy making this Christmas cake recipe?! Tell us in the comments below.