I found this recipe some years ago in a free booklet with a women’s magazine. Since then I cook it at least twice a month as not only is it super easy but it’s meat-free and quick to make – ideal for a weeknight family dinner. Here’s how to make my Courgette Pasta Recipe with Lemon and Capers.
Sign up for our free newsletter packed with information and great offers. Or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram & Pinterest.
- 500g / 17 oz pasta – whatever pasta you like e.g. penne, spirals, spaghetti
- 1 courgette (or zucchini if you’re Stateside)
- 50g / 1.5 oz butter
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 lemon
- 100g / 3 oz capers
- Optional: black olives or dried chilli flakes
- Pecorino or parmesan
- Start your packet of pasta cooking as per instructions.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and gently fry the chopped garlic.
- Grate the courgette and add to the pan.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into the pan and add the capers and if using, the olives and/or dried chilli flakes.
- Season with salt and pepper then cook the sauce for a few minutes over a gentle heat before mixing with the drained cooked pasta and serving with some grated parmesan or pecorino.
Recommended Reading: 9 Simple Pasta Recipes for Kids and One Pot Pasta Meal in 9 Minutes
Over to you now. Have you tried this or a similar courgette pasta recipe? Tell us in the comments below.