I found this recipe some years ago in a free booklet with a women’s magazine. Since then I cook it at least twice a month as not only is it super easy but it’s meat-free and quick to make – ideal for a weeknight family dinner. Here’s how to make my Courgette Pasta Recipe with Lemon and Capers.
- 500g / 17 oz pasta – whatever pasta you like e.g. penne, spirals, spaghetti
- 1 courgette (or zucchini if you’re Stateside)
- 50g / 1.5 oz butter
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 lemon
- 100g / 3 oz capers
- Optional: black olives or dried chilli flakes
- Pecorino or parmesan
- Start your packet of pasta cooking as per instructions.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and gently fry the chopped garlic.
- Grate the courgette and add to the pan.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into the pan and add the capers and if using, the olives and/or dried chilli flakes.
- Season with salt and pepper then cook the sauce for a few minutes over a gentle heat before mixing with the drained cooked pasta and serving with some grated parmesan or pecorino.
Over to you now. Have you tried this or a similar courgette pasta recipe? Tell us in the comments below.