Creamy Thai green chicken curry is such a warming, delicious dinner – and tastes just as good the following day if you’re like me and LOVE leftovers! If you’ve never tried curry before, this is a great introduction.
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
This Thai green chicken curry is a great way to introduce your children to the warmth of spices, without an intense heat. Of course, if your family can handle the heat, add some chopped fresh chilli (or dried) to your preferred taste.
I love to use green vegetables when making this, so take your pick from green beans, peas, spinach, broccoli, mange tout or whatever else you have to use.
You May Also Enjoy Melt-in-the-Mouth Recipe for Simple Beef Curry
Easy Thai Green Chicken Curry
- Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
- thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 a red chili, deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 500g chicken breast, chopped
- 4-6 spring onions, chopped
- 100g green beans
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 60g frozen peas
- Rice, to serve
- Heat some oil in a large pan and add the Thai green curry paste to release the flavours. After a minute of stirring, add the garlic, ginger and chilli (if using).
- Add the chopped chicken and stir to coat in the paste. Cook for 4-5 minutes, then add the spring onions, green beans and peas.
- Pour in the coconut milk and stir to combine all flavours.
- Bring to a simmer and leave to cook for about 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve on a bed of rice.
You May Also Enjoy Your Kids Will Love This Easy-To-Make Chicken and Veggie Rice
Does your family enjoy gentle spices like this Thai green chicken curry? Leave a comment below and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!