Plan some extra meatless meals for your family to save time, money and make healthier choices. It’s a good way to get lots of veggies into the family as well.
This deliciously easy vegetable stir fry take just minutes to make, so is perfect for midweek meals!
Easy Vegetable Stir Fry
Getting kids to eat veggies can sometimes be a chore, but there’s something about a stir fry and mixing in noodles that seems to make it a bit more enticing. The veggies I’ve suggested are just an example of what you can use.
I change it up every time, depending on what’s in the fridge or needs to be used up. Have fun experimenting!
- Olive or rapeseed oil
- 1 bunch of spring onions, chopped (reserve greens)
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
- thumb-sized piece of ginger, grated
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 2-3 carrots, thinly chopped
- 1 courgette, thinly chopped
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 80g baby corn or mange tout
- 3 tbsp plum sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2-3 tsp sesame oil
- 300g egg noodles
- In a large pan or wok, heat some oil. Saute the garlic, ginger and chilli (if using), then add in the whites of the spring onions and the rest of the vegetables.
- Leave them to soften for just a few minutes, then add in the plum sauce, honey and soy sauce.
- Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of water to the boil and cook the noodles according to packet instructions. Drain the noodles and add to the wok with the greens of the spring onions.
- Toss to coat everything in the sauce, adding a little more soy sauce if needed. Drizzle with sesame oil just before serving.