Are you looking for a quick, easy and healthy recipe to make for your family? This fabulous homemade pot noodle recipe is significantly healthier than shop-bought versions, plus it’s fun to make with the kids!
Don’t miss the chance to have your say! We’re looking for parents to get involved and give their feedback on all aspects of family life. Find out more here.
You could buy a freeze-dried Pot Noodle in a plastic cup in the supermarket OR you could make your own for less than 50c per portion.
My version is far more nutritious, there is significantly less salt in it and the fresh vegetables add a real crunch.
You May Also Enjoy This Chinese Beef Stir Fry Can Be on the Table in Minutes!
Homemade Pot Noodle Recipe
Ingredients (per person)
- 2 spring onions
- 1 peeled, topped and tailed carrot
- 1 teaspoon ginger & garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- Cupful vermicelli rice noodles
- Handful frozen sweetcorn
- Handful frozen peas
- Boiling water
- Boil a kettle of water. Peel and chop the spring onions. Grate the carrot into a chunky shred.
- Put the ginger and garlic paste into a large jar, followed by the soy sauce, noodles, peas, sweetcorn and grated carrot. Once the kettle has boiled pour over with hot water up to 3/4 level. Stir well.
- Loosely cover the jar using the lid for 30 seconds. If you wanted to add protein you could add in shredded omelette, leftover roast chicken, ham, fresh beans etc at this point. Serve & enjoy.
This recipe, and more, is available on Wholesome Ireland
You May Also Enjoy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup is a Comforting Treat at Any Time
Have your say! Would your family enjoy this homemade pot noodle recipe? Leave a comment below and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!