These Healthy Donuts Baked With Peanut Butter & Chocolate from ILoveCooking are gluten, dairy and egg free. And best of all, you can whip them up in under ten minutes, have them baked in ten more, and bonus – they only require one bowl or blender!
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free?
For the Donuts:
- 90g / 3 oz ripe banana, broken into chunks
- 45g / 1.5 oz peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 55g / 2 oz coconut sugar
- 80ml unsweetened almond milk
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 70g / 2.5oz buckwheat flour
- 8g / 0.3oz arrowroot flour/starch (or tapioca starch)
- 1 tsp baking powder
For the chocolate glaze:
- 2½ tbsp cocoa or raw cacao powder
- 1½ tbsp (21g) coconut oil, melted
- 1½ tbsp (30g) maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F / 160°C fan assisted.
- Grease a non-stick donut pan with spray oil.
- Place banana, peanut butter, almond milk, apple cider vinegar, coconut sugar and vanilla extract into a blender or NutriBullet (or place into a large jug). Blend until smooth (use a hand blender if using a jug).
- Add in the buckwheat flour, arrowroot flour and baking powder, blend once more until smooth.
- Carefully pour or spoon the mixture into the donut tray. Do not overfill as the donuts will rise. Leave about 1cm above the mixture in the tray.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove from the baking tray. Use a toothpick to release the donuts from the edges before popping out. Cool on a wire rack.
- While the donuts cool mix together chocolate glaze ingredients. Pour mixture into a small shallow bowl; at least the same diameter as the donuts!
- Place the donuts one at a time bottom side down (the smooth part which was facing down in the donut tray) into the icing.
- Lift carefully, tap off excess and place onto a paper lined baking tray icing side up.
- Sprinkle with toppings if desired… Granola, coconut flakes, bee pollen, chocolate chips, marshmallows, cookie crumbles etc.
- Allow to set or eat straight away.
- Best consumed within 48 hours. Store in a seal tight container at room temperature.
You might also like Healthy Fruit & Nut Cocoa Discs
Over to you now. Have you tried these delicious healthy donuts? Tell us in the comments below.