Getting more fish into the weekly meal plan is always a great idea, and these homemade fish goujons are quick and easy to pull together. Serve with sweet potato wedges for a healthier take on ‘fish and chips’!
Having some great fish dinners under your belt is ideal for busy weeknight meals – they’re quick and simple, and these homemade fish goujons require very little effort to impress the kids. Plus, they’re perfect for dipping in your favourite sauce!
Homemade Fish Goujons Recipe
This recipe makes enough goujons for 4 (or 3 very hungry!) people.
Making your own fish (or chicken) fingers is a great recipe to involve your kids with, they love dipping and coating the goujons.
- 4 skinless fillets of firm white fish (cod, haddock, etc)
- 4 tbsp flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 120g breadcrumbs
- 3-4 sweet potatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan.
- Use a sharp knife to cut each fillet into chunky strips.
- Arrange three bowls in a row – one each for the flour, beaten egg and breadcrumbs.
- Dip each fish goujon into the flour, then the egg wash, and finally into the breadcrumbs. Lay the crumbed fish on a lined baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
- To make the wedges, wash and pat dry the sweet potatoes, then slice lengthways into wedges. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, then place on a baking tray and cook for approx. 20 mins, turning halfway.
If you want to change up the recipe, try adding some herbs or grated parmesan to the breadcrumbs. You can also give the wedges a kick by adding some chilli powder or smoked paprika when you’re seasoning them. Enjoy!