This is one of my family favourites, this super easy Iced Almond Cake. The icing is very simple, made with icing sugar and water, and you can decorate as you please!
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free? Please share this with your family & friends if you liked it!
For the cake
- 115g (4oz) ground almonds
- 115g (4oz) icing sugar
- 85g (3oz) plain white flour
- 3 free range egg yolks
- 125ml (4 fl oz) melted butter
For the icing
- 175g (6oz) icing sugar
- 1½ tblsp boiling water
You will need a 7in round tin with shallow sides.
- Preheat the oven to 150ºC (Fan). Grease the tin well with melted butter, then dust with a little flour.
- Put all the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Make a well in the centre and add in the egg yolks and the cooled melted butter. Stir until all the ingredients are mixed. Make a hollow in the centre and tap the tin on the side to release any air bubbles. The mixture may seem quite stiff but that’s normal.
- Bake for 35 mins. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning on to a wire rack. Allow to cool before icing.
- To make the icing, sieve the icing sugar into a bowl and mix in the water. Stir this really well, the more you stir the whiter the icing gets. It should have a thick consistency. Use a palette knife dipped in hot water and dried to spread the icing evenly over the cake. Decorate how you please.
You might also enjoy reading: 5 Yummy Almond Recipes The Whole Family Will Love
Have you made this Almond Cake recipe before? Let us know in the comments below.