These are the pancakes to beat all others! Tasty morsels and splashes of colour, and served with a marshmallow sauce – what more could you ask for? These magical unicorn pancakes are the recipe you never knew you needed!
Sign up for our free monthly newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free?
Whether you are whipping up a batch of pancakes for a weekend brunch, Pancake Tuesday or a birthday fiesta, these unicorn pancakes are sure to be the star attraction!
You May Also Enjoy How to Make Pancakes in Fun Shapes for Kids
Unicorn Pancakes Recipe
- 115g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Caster sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 100ml milk
- 100g Dr Oetker Unicorn Chips
- 10ml vegetable oil
- 100g Dr Oetker heart marshmallows
- 100ml double cream
- Sift the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar into a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the egg and milk, and gradually whisk into the dry ingredients until well blended. Stir in the unicorn chips.
- Heat a heavy-based frying pan or griddle pan, add some of the oil and allow to heat, then drop two tablespoons of batter into the pan to make each pancake.
- Cook over a medium heat until bubbles appear, this takes 1-2 minutes. Flip the pancake over and cook until golden brown.
- Lift the pancakes onto a cooling rack that is covered with kitchen paper, and place another sheet lightly on top. Repeat for the remaining batter, adding more oil to the pan as needed.
- To make the marshmallow sauce, gently melt the heart marshmallows with the cream. The sauce will thicken slightly as it cools, but can be reheated gently if needed. Serve your unicorn pancakes with the marshmallow sauce poured over the top. Enjoy!
You May Also Enjoy 4 of the Best Simple Recipes for Homemade Pancakes
Would unicorn pancakes go down a treat in your house? Leave a comment below and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!