The blanched almond flour gives these cookies a delicious ‘buttery’ taste. As well as being vegan, these cookies are also gluten-free. Here is my recipe for Marlene’s Deliciously Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies, guaranteed to delight young and old:
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free?
Makes 12 large or 24 small cookies
- 3 cups blanched almond flour. You can use ground almonds if you can’t find almond flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ½ cup chopped pecans or other nuts (optional)
- ½ cup cold-pressed organic safflower oil
- ½ cup rice or maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup grain sweetened dairy free chocolate chips
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir together wet ingredients in a smaller bowl. Mix wet ingredients into dry.
- With damp hands, pinch off a piece of the mixture and form into small balls.
- Place onto a parchment lined baking tray and press down with a fork.
- Bake at 180/360° for 10-12 minutes until golden.
- Cool on a baking rack and serve.
If you enjoyed this recipe you might also enjoy my MACROVegan Desserts Cooklets, my specially designed set of delicious guilt-free dessert recipes!
Who says you can’t have your cake and eat it? Not me. Welcome to the world of MACROVegan guilt free desserts! All the recipes you will find in this MACROVegan Desserts Cooklet have passed the test with discerning dessert aficionados. Most people are seekers of sugar. The ‘sweet’ taste receptor is right there on the tip of the tongue and cries out for satisfaction. I want to show you how to satisfy this craving with healthy treats.
These desserts use only natural organic ingredients and have great nutritional value. Some of the recipes are for every day enjoyment, such as the applesauce, the kanten or a few nuggets, others are for special occasions. The day to day recipes are doable even on a low budget.
The MACROVegan Desserts Cooklet is available to buy online here
Over to you now. Have you tried this vegan chocolate chip cookies recipe? Tell us how you got on in the comments below.