Are you looking for new and interesting drinks to make for the kids? And do you enjoy a little tipple yourself? Everyone will enjoy these mouthwatering mocktails, while adults can try the cocktails:
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
As the weather gets warmer and we’re enjoying outdoor time, it’s nice to put together a tasty drink for the whole family to enjoy.
Maybe you are having a barbecue and you want to enjoy something a bit different? Or it’s a family birthday and you want a nice occasion drink that’s easy to rustle up. Here are 4 drinks, two for the kids and two for the adults, to inspire you!
Mocktails to Try At Home
Pina Colada Mocktail
- 100ml pineapple juice
- 100ml white grape juice
- 50ml coconut milk
- Crushed ice
- Fresh pineapple to decorate
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- In a jug, mix together the fruit juices and coconut milk.
- Fill two large glass half full with crushed ice, pour over the Pina
- Decorate with some fresh pineapple
- This is also delicious served with a scoop of ice cream as a float
You May Also Enjoy Try This Delicious Recipe For Homemade Lemonade
- 600g strawberries, hulled
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 litre sparkling water
- Ice to serve
- Combine the lemon juice and caster sugar and mix well.
- Chop the strawberries into quarters.
- Put them into a food processor with the lemon and sugar – pulse until smooth.
- Mix the strawberry purée with the sparkling water and ice, then serve.
Cocktails For the Grownups
Raspberry Kiss Cocktail
Over 18s only
- 100ml of Gin, e.g. Aldi’s Boyle’s which won Gold at the World Spirit Awards 2020
- 130g fresh raspberries – keep a few to garnish
- Juice of 1 fresh lime
- 2 lime wedges to decorate
- 4 fresh basil leaves – keep a couple aside to garnish
- Ice Cubes
- Sparkling elderflower water (optional)
- Put all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker.
- Fill with ice – shake vigorously.
- Strain into 2 glasses.
- Decorate with some lime slices, a fresh basil leaf and raspberries.
- For a longer drink, pour into tumblers, add some ice cubes and top up with sparkling elderflower water.
You May Also Enjoy 7 Summer Cocktails Perfect For Sipping In The Sunshine
Shooting Star Cocktail
Over 18s only
- 25ml vodka, e.g. Aldi Tamova
- 25ml raspberry juice from frozen raspberries
- 2½ tsp sugar
- A few frozen raspberries to garnish
- Apple, sliced
- Topped with Prosecco (try Aldi’s Valdobbiadene Superiore DOCG)
- Defrost half a pack of raspberries and sprinkle with sugar.
- Squeeze the juice from the raspberries and collect in the bottom of the glass.
- Add 25ml of vodka and stir to combine.
- Gently pour the Prosecco over a spoon into the glass, and then add the three frozen raspberries and apple slices to garnish.
With thanks to Aldi for the recipes, check out more great recipes on Aldi.ie
You May Also Enjoy 7 Prosecco Cocktails You Can Make In Minutes
Do you ever make mocktails (or cocktails) at home? What’s your favourite? Leave a comment below and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!