Are you looking for a tasty vegetarian dinner? This easy Mushroom Risotto recipe is makes a really quick mid-week meal, hugely popular with children and adults alike.
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
Many people think risotto is extremely difficult to make and it really isn’t. The trick is to have your stock hot and to ensure each ladle of stock is fully absorbed before adding the next one or else you’ll end up with rice pudding!
You May Also Enjoy 10 Tempting Vegetarian Pasta Recipe Perfect For Family Dinner
Easy Mushroom Risotto Recipe
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- A thick slice of butter
- 1 glass of white wine
- 1 tblsp fresh thyme
- 4 large field mushrooms finely chopped or 4 button mushrooms per person
- 500g Arborio rice
- 1 litre of vegetable, mushroom (2 cubes)
- 200g crème fraiche
- 1 tblsp parsley
- 2 to 3 tblsp grated Parmesan
- Heat your stock in a separate saucepan, keep to a simmer. You could use chicken stock if you are not cooking as a vegetarian meal.
- In a large pan, gently sauté the onion and mushrooms in the butter over a medium heat. Don’t allow the onion to colour.
- When the onion is transparent add the rice and stir gently to coat the rice in the butter.
- Add white wine and thyme.
- Reduce the white wine by half, then add the first ladle of stock.
- Stir until the rice has absorbed the liquid then add the next ladle. Have patience with this stage as it is crucial to the success of the risotto.
- Once all the liquid has been added and absorbed, stir in the crème fraiche and parsley and leave for five minutes.
- Season to taste and stir through the grated Parmesan before serving.
Have your say! Have you tried this Mushroom Risotto recipe? Let us know in the comments below.